PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with Flash in Jaunty

Alberfore
April 25th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Hello. I just put Jaunty on my laptop and I'm having trouble getting Adobe Flashplayer to work. I tried downloading directly from Adobe, as a suggested Firefox plugin, via ubuntu-restricted-extras, and flashplugin-nonfree. I do have swfdec and gnash already, but they don't work quite as well as adobe did in Intrepid, and I'm betting having them is causing my problems, but I'm unsure how to remove them. Thanks in advance for helping.

gregconquest
April 25th, 2009, 11:54 PM
I'd also like to see much more of a funneling of this question into a recommended strategy -- or a list of strategies and descriptions thereof. As it is now, you have Flash working, maybe you don't know how or why it works, but it does. You upgrade to Jaunty. Flash no longer works. You search for "why?". Answers are abundant and everywhere and for beta versions and prior versions and alpha Flash, and unstable but working and . . .

A sticky here in the forum would help. A popup in ubuntu or something similar which gives a central page for dealing with proprietary software would help also.

Greg

keys: 64-bit ubuntu, 64 bit ubuntu, ubuntu64 ubuntu 64, amd64, jaunty jackelope, ubuntu 9.04