PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Do I have to use any specific device drivers?

budoor
April 25th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Hello all,

During the installation of Ubuntu do I have to use any specific device drivers?!!! if yes/no please tell me why? and list the drivers if there are any.

and what if I installed ubuntu on VmWare, do I need to use any specific device drivers?

kellemes
April 25th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Device drivers for what devices?

budoor
April 26th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Device drivers for what devices?

Any device or hardware such as mouse , keyboard, monitor, printer, wireless ... etc

kellemes
April 26th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Any device or hardware such as mouse , keyboard, monitor, printer, wireless ... etc

During the installation of Ubuntu drivers will be installed to get your system going. After installation you may need to install better suited drivers for specific devices. This obviouly will only be needed if devices aren't functioning as they should.

budoor
April 27th, 2009, 09:24 AM
During the installation of Ubuntu drivers will be installed to get your system going. After installation you may need to install better suited drivers for specific devices. This obviouly will only be needed if devices aren't functioning as they should.

Could you provide examples .. What are the drivers that will be installed automatically and what are the drivers that will need an action from me??