PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] want to remove separate 9.04 and upgrade 8.10 to 9.04

icivilion
April 25th, 2009, 08:29 PM
:)Hi , friends.. i had ubuntu 8.10 on wiproz35fm laptop... i tried to upgrade from cd rom as i didnt had internet connection...... but unfortunately i installed a new copy of 9.04.. so now i get three operating system side by side.... now whenever i start my computer it shows three os juanty,interpid and xp

my problem is i want to upgrade 8.10 to 9.04. how to upgrade to 9.04, but even tried this command in terminal gksu “sh /cdrom/cdromupgrade” nothing happened.... now i want to remove 9.04 and want to upgrade 8.10 to 9.04,

out of 80gb, 60gb is ext3 and remaining is ntfs........ can any one help????? please.. and thank you in advance
:):)

Partyboi2
April 26th, 2009, 01:45 PM
hi, you can remove the jaunty install you don't want by going into gparted (System>Admin>Partition Editor) and deleting it, just make sure you know the correct one to delete.
To upgrade to jaunty make sure you have the alternate cd (http://noncdn.releases.ubuntu.com/jaunty/) to upgrade as the live cd can not be used to upgrade.

icivilion
April 27th, 2009, 01:18 PM
hi thanks for your guidance...will do it ... actually i was not using alternated cd that was the reason i think i couldn upgrade.. thanks a lot...