PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 3

thewolfman
April 25th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Hi chaps,

does anyone know (or have) about the PC game: Call of Duty and is there a number 3, I have 1 and 2 but I was interested to know if there is a number "3". (4 won't run on my PC)

I had a look on ebay but nothing comes up, it seems to jump from 2 to 4 (World at War?).

Anyone know something I don't.

Nice evening all.

calrogman
April 25th, 2009, 08:35 PM
CoD3 is only available on PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PSP, Wii, Xbox and Xbox 360.

You could always try using a PlayStation emulator.

thewolfman
April 25th, 2009, 08:38 PM
CoD3 is only available on PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PSP, Wii, Xbox and Xbox 360.

You could always try using a PlayStation emulator.

Good idea but where does one find such a thing?.

Thanks.

calrogman
April 25th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Never mind, you'll need PCSX2, which is not available in the repos, but can be downloaded from here (http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php).

This thing isn't as stable on Linux and you may run into bugs making it impossible to play all the way through CoD3, it would actually be easier to just buy a second hand PS2.

thewolfman
April 25th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Try using PCSX, it's in the universe repos.

Do a search in synaptic for 'pcsx'.

I'll give it a go and see but first of all I must find a copy of COD 3.

Thanks for your help.

thewolfman

calrogman
April 25th, 2009, 08:46 PM
See my edited post.

wingnux
April 25th, 2009, 10:09 PM
PCSX is a psone emulator, PCSX2 is a PS2 emulator.

If your rig can't run CoD4 it won't run pcsx2, sorry bud. And, as said before, CoD3 is console only.

thewolfman
April 26th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Ah well, thanks anyway chaps, eventually I will invest in a newer PC and won't have to worry too much about system requirements.

Have a good one!

doorknob60
April 26th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Also I've heard COD3 isn't as good as 2 or the newer ones, but I haven't played it for myself, I've heard a lot of complaints. Particularly when people found out WaW was being made by Teryarch, I heard a lot of people say "Teryarch made COD3 and that sucked so this one will suck". I think they did a pretty good job on WaW though, although I still prefer good ol' CoD4.

If you upgrade your computer I really recommend CoD4, it's really fun (I have CoD2 also, and 4 is a lot better, and that's saying something). Also apperantly it works well in Wine (haven't tried it myself, I too need a little upgrade, and I play CoD4 on PS3 instead).

Anyways I went kinda off topic :-P

thewolfman
April 26th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Also I've heard COD3 isn't as good as 2 or the newer ones, but I haven't played it for myself, I've heard a lot of complaints. Particularly when people found out WaW was being made by Teryarch, I heard a lot of people say "Teryarch made COD3 and that sucked so this one will suck". I think they did a pretty good job on WaW though, although I still prefer good ol' CoD4.

If you upgrade your computer I really recommend CoD4, it's really fun (I have CoD2 also, and 4 is a lot better, and that's saying something). Also apperantly it works well in Wine (haven't tried it myself, I too need a little upgrade, and I play CoD4 on PS3 instead).

Anyways I went kinda off topic :-P

One of my mates rants about COD4 but I must admit I do like COD2 quite a lot.

Maybe I will try COD2 out under wine just to see, its a shame that the gaming companies don't do much for Linux (my spec problems aside!).

Have a good one.

Polygon
April 26th, 2009, 06:09 PM
call of duty 3 is terrible. at least on the wii. stay away from it if you can.

pwnst*r
April 26th, 2009, 06:25 PM
3 sucks, 1,2 and 3 are great. 5 (WaW) is a LOT better than i thought it would be. not quite as good as 4, but i love the maps.

thewolfman
April 26th, 2009, 06:34 PM
3 sucks, 1,2 and 3 are great. 5 (WaW) is a LOT better than i thought it would be. not quite as good as 4, but i love the maps.

Okay, you've got me confused now.

You said 3 sucks then you said 1,2 and 3 are great; I think you have had waaaay too much CoD.

Only joking, thanks for your message.

Sealbhach
April 26th, 2009, 06:40 PM

Yes, COD4 ran well in wine for me - you need the latest wine, not the one in the repos.