PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Keyboard shortcuts - using the 'Windows' (super) key

unclejames
April 25th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Returning to Ubuntu after using CrunchBang, I am missing #!'s keyboard shortcuts in Ubuntu UNR.

The Keyboard Shortcuts program allows me to add more shortcuts - so far, so good - but my shortcuts have historically all been under the "Super" key (a "home" icon on this keyboard, though a "windows" icon on many).

Trying to assign a shortcut to the terminal, for example, under Super+T, appears to be impossible with this program: hitting "Super" selects a combination called "Super L", and I can't select Super+T.

Is there another way? (I think #! did it using Openbox as a windows manager, but I'd rather not go back to that.)

yabbadabbadont
April 26th, 2009, 02:49 AM
In Gnome's/Metacity's keyboard shortcuts app, you would use <Mod4> for that key. You may also have to go into the keyboard layout advanced settings and change the Alt-Win key behavior. I don't currently have Gnome installed, so I'm doing this from memory. You may have to look around as "Alt-Win" might be called something else.