PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem After Upgrade to 9.04

mitchellcipriano
April 25th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I upgraded to 9.04 last night and everything appears to work except for these two issues:

Tracker says the index is corrupted and asks me if I want to reindex, but nothing I do seems to fix this. The only way to get rid of the notices is to pause all indexing

If i run update manager I get the partial upgrade notice. If I say do the partial, it identifies two packages to be removed:

libdb4.5-java
powermanagement-interface

It identifies two packages to be installed:

libdb4.6-java
libdb4.6-java-gcj

And one package to be updated:

liblucene2-java

If I tell it to do the partial, nothing appears to happen. Any ideas?

Kakteed
April 25th, 2009, 07:28 PM
This fixed the tracker issue for me:

sudo apt-get install tracker-utils
tracker-processes -r

blue_bullet
April 25th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Bryan McClellan posted a workaround for the tracker issue.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tracker/+bug/361560

It worked for me.

blue_bullet
April 25th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I also had the same issue on the partial on both my desktop and my laptop.

mitchellcipriano
April 26th, 2009, 12:35 AM
This fixed the tracker issue for me:

sudo apt-get install tracker-utils
tracker-processes -r

Thanks, this seems to have solved my Tracker problem. I still seem to have an issue with update.

guruchomp2
April 26th, 2009, 01:24 AM
I had the same problem with libdb4.5-java after updating to 9.04. I fixed it by going into Synaptic Package Manager, searching for libdb4.5-java and marking it for complete removal. Synaptic then automatically selected libdb4.6-java to install/upgrade.

mitchellcipriano
April 26th, 2009, 03:09 AM
I had the same problem with libdb4.5-java after updating to 9.04. I fixed it by going into Synaptic Package Manager, searching for libdb4.5-java and marking it for complete removal. Synaptic then automatically selected libdb4.6-java to install/upgrade.

Excellent solution, I wish I would have thought of myself and saved a couple hours. It worked perfectly.

Thanks.