PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 9.04 Netbook remix install card reader fix needed

rachelgoodpeople
April 25th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Hi, just installed the new ubuntu UNR on my acer aspire one, and everything is working fine except the right hand card reader. My photo card does not fit in the left side one, so not sure if that is working or not. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I am new to ubuntu so please break it down for me. Thank you! Rachel

teh603
April 25th, 2009, 10:51 PM
The right one works, but until we can get a fix it'll only recognize if the card is present at boot time. So insert it into the right-hand reader, hit the switch, and wait?

Frustrating, I know.

rachelgoodpeople
April 25th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Hi, I actually have tried that a couple of times and nothing came on the screen, where do I go to see if it is reading it. Remember Linux is new to me, but I am learning quick!

rachelgoodpeople
April 25th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Ha Ha found it, do you think they will have a fix soon?

teh603
April 26th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Dunno. I've heard it could be anything from a missing module (pciehp ?) to a massive glitch in an already buggy BIOS.

Just ask people using 8.10 about why they had to disable a lot of power management features to keep gnome power manager from totally freaking out.