PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] upgraded to 9.04 - No wifi or wired - no sound - nvidia a mess and more!!

L'PIKL
April 25th, 2009, 06:12 PM
ok this was supposed to be a big step fwd for kubuntu. right now id like to toss back on XP (not really but im angry).

1) No wifi or wired lan. figured ok ill just install the ndiswrapper. nope the .dep package can not be installed. no permisions....!?!?!?

2) Can not log in, turns into an endless loop. i have to go to consol login and from there startx. funny how the graphical user login has localhost@localhost but when i get into the consol i get my pete@localhost.

3) Nvidia drivers seem to be messed up. they dont stay on the system for too long. though I think thats more cause i'm booting to older kernerls to see if i can pull up the internet to do an update.

4) Ku boots up and there is no sound. think its due to pulse audio not being installed but no internet means no install and probly cant install it anyway, same issue probly as ndiswrapper.

So, would this now be a good candidate for holy poop just format and reinstall or can this be fixed?