PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Jaunty : QT4 apps (Kile, Konsole) in GNOME keeps KDE "oxygen" style

gerard67
April 25th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Hi,
Well, title says it all .. Is there a way to get GTK menu and icon style in kde apps ?

Of course I tried to set QT configuration (System->preferences->Qt Configuration) to either "Desktop Settings" or "GTK+", but neither seem to make a change at Kile or Konsole levels.

any ideas ?

dnaxx
May 25th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I would be interested in this too...

miklcct
June 28th, 2009, 10:52 AM
use the kde system settings to change the kde apps

gerard67
August 14th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I did try with kde settings (terminal $: systemsettings &) but KDE widget style remains the same whatever the options I checked..

Mathieu

meho_r
August 14th, 2009, 11:35 AM
I did try with kde settings (terminal $: systemsettings &) but KDE widget style remains the same whatever the options I checked..

Mathieu

Then something must be messed up. KDE's systemsettings does work on my machine. You do have GTK option in "Style" list in KDE's systemsettings?
(I think these packages should be enough: gtk-qt-engine, gtk2-engines-qtcurve, kde-style-qtcurve)

So, check out if you have installed qt and gtk engines. Also, try with kde-style-qtcurve and kde-style-klearlooks to get as near as possible to unified look.