PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Newbee Update Questions.

wbee
April 25th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Hello,

It took me a month climbing the learning curve to get 8.10 set up properly,the main issues being tv tuner card sound,figuring out pulse audio,connecting the printer, getting the video drivers to work,and the rudiments of the shell terminology.

--Question 1. How long should I wait for ninety five percent of the bugs to be fixed in JJ?

--Question 2. I used the gnome partitioner to set up a dual boot with XP,and linux exchange for RAM overload. If I use the updater,will it expand or contract to fit the existing partitions without messing up my XP?

-------------

W

Spiritous
April 25th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Hello,

It took me a month climbing the learning curve to get 8.10 set up properly,the main issues being tv tuner card sound,figuring out pulse audio,connecting the printer, getting the video drivers to work,and the rudiments of the shell terminology.

--Question 1. How long should I wait for ninety five percent of the bugs to be fixed in JJ?

--Question 2. I used the gnome partitioner to set up a dual boot with XP,and linux exchange for RAM overload. If I use the updater,will it expand or contract to fit the existing partitions without messing up my XP?

-------------

W

Q1. 2 Months, I'd say, if you want to be safe it will take At least 5 months to fix all...

Q2. The updater won't ever go over the limit... I don't know if it expands, or whatever, but it just won't...