PDA

View Full Version : Free Microsoft Certification!

swoll1980
April 25th, 2009, 03:50 PM
On June 30th my school is providing free Microsoft certification! I would love to be able to take advantage of this. Can you guys give me some ideas about what will be on the test, and some good resources to study?

Deamos
April 25th, 2009, 04:08 PM
I saw this on the Dreamspark program. They are offering 1 free MCTS exam voucher.

I signed up for one of them just as a Resume booster. Don't know what to really expect. If you are interested, theres a good website when it comes to certification prep.

http://proprofs.com

NightwishFan
April 25th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Interesting. I would say study the art of monopolizing markets, that should get you in bed with them real easy.

:D Jokes aside I am sorry.

I am no expert, but perhaps you could snipe around the MS tech pages for some common stuff.

calrogman
April 25th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Find the best methods of rebooting a frozen computer in order to fix all of your problems.

swoll1980
April 25th, 2009, 04:21 PM
I saw this on the Dreamspark program. They are offering 1 free MCTS exam voucher.

I signed up for one of them just as a Resume booster. Don't know what to really expect. If you are interested, theres a good website when it comes to certification prep.

http://proprofs.com

That's great! I had know idea they had stuff like this for free.

pwnst*r
April 25th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Find the best methods of rebooting a frozen computer in order to fix all of your problems.

*slaps knee*

boy that was funny.

Dark Aspect
April 25th, 2009, 05:33 PM
On June 30th my school is providing free Microsoft certification! I would love to be able to take advantage of this. Can you guys give me some ideas about what will be on the test, and some good resources to study?

Oh I remember doing this, you mostly need to study how to set up windows via network and simple stuff like DNS and whatnot. Hardware clustering, user policies, security, and mobile computing. I took that a while back, back in the days of 2k when most of the user features were new to windows.