PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I/O error, dev sr0 - after jaunty install

Benthe1st
April 25th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Hi everyone!

I've installed Ubuntu 9.04 on my laptop, and after install, when the installer says to take out cd, close tray, then press enter to continue, i pressed enter, and got error messages:
x.xxxxxx, end request: I/O error, dev sr0, logical block xxxxxx
(something similar)
I've read several forums, and turned out, that it is because of some problems with cd-rom, but others got this message before install, so they couldnt install. I got this after install, so my question is: could it corrupt my new ubuntu install or probably my install is perfect? (there has been no error message during install, just that ones after install.
Thx in advance!

jawadahmed
October 25th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I am having exactly the same problem. If you find the answer please post back here so that i can also get the solution.

Bezmotivnik
October 29th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Me too, even in live mode.

gvor54
October 29th, 2009, 11:04 PM
got a message of this sort when shutting down computer

DevilEvilGod
November 3rd, 2009, 04:21 PM
im having same error but on karmic 9.10 install

everex sa 2052t

with modules blacklisted:
sdhci
sdhci-pci
mmc_core

and error ends like this:
569.954147 kernel panic -not syncing
pid: 1, comm: run-init not tainted 2.6.31-14-generic #48-ubuntu
call trace:
<c056e41c> ?printk+0x18/0x1c
drm:intelfb_panic *ERROR* panic ocurred

hmm hope someone can help im almost giving up....

Benthe1st
November 5th, 2009, 09:49 PM
I am having exactly the same problem. If you find the answer please post back here so that i can also get the solution.

Hi!

I couldn't find an answer to my question, so I decided to use my jaunty install on my laptop, and if something is wrong, then I'll try to solve it, but everything works great. I had no problem with my system, so it didn't corrupt my installation. So if you have the same problem I had, dont worry!

Ben