PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Window Border issue

jasonbrinks
April 25th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Hey,

I'm new here to the Ubuntu forums, so kindly forgive any 'noob' mistakes I may have made...

I recently installed Januty on my Tablet, (a HP tx2000 series) and I'm having a myraid of issues with it... None serious, save one, but most are annoying enough...

Normally, when you double click on the window border, the top part of any window which houses the 'Minimize', 'Maximize' and 'Exit' buttons, the window maximizes itself... But now, when I double click on the window border, it simple compresses into itself, hiding the window, and showing only the border...

I was playing around with the Compiz Fusion settings, and under the 'Animation' section, there's a 'Shade' Animation, which is what is happening everytime I double click on the window border...

How do I get Ubuntu to return its windows to its normal behaviour, where when I double click, they maximize instead of executing a 'Shade' animation...?

If it helps, i have the 'Animations Add-on' pack enabled, to allow for animations like 'Domino' and what not...

Thanks for the help...

loklaan
April 25th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Hi there :)

I'm sure your problem can be fixed by changing 'Titlebar Action' in System > Preferences > Windows

Hope it works! Just change 'Roll up' to 'Maximise'

jasonbrinks
April 25th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Hey,
Lol... Alright, thanks for that... Can't believe I missed that one...

Now that the problem has been solved, is there any way I can close the thread? Or is that just for the moderators?

Regards,
Jason Brinks

Ubunthree
May 27th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Actually I will sneak in a more-or-less related question:

Is there a way to add a "shade" button to the window titlebar in Gnome/Compiz?

tacticalbread
May 27th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Actually I will sneak in a more-or-less related question:

Is there a way to add a "shade" button to the window titlebar in Gnome/Compiz?

depends on what you're using as your window manager. I'm not sure if there's a way to do it with Metacity, but if you're using Emerald, it's quite simple.

http://albums.kimag.es/albums/tacticalbread/65102641.png

Ubunthree
May 28th, 2009, 02:26 PM
depends on what you're using as your window manager. I'm not sure if there's a way to do it with Metacity, but if you're using Emerald, it's quite simple.

Thanks! That works, but after a bit of experimenting, I think I'll stick with Metacity. I try Emerald every now and again, but it always runs a bit too buggy for me, and fixing it involves more googling and forum-surfing than it's worth to me right now...