PDA

View Full Version : Question on Gstreamer streaming with displaying on the local computer

KimHock
April 25th, 2009, 09:58 AM
hello, i am new towards the ubuntu, gstreamer and python programming. i had a problem of unable to display my video on my computer when i transmit it using udpsink to another computer.

Another issues is that i will like to know more about how to configure the gstreamer in python programming so that i able to change the quality of the video that i streaming.

Maybe any one in here know any place that i can get the manual on all the function for Gstreamer in python to check how to configure video configure for the player/

thanks.

my code:
self.player = gst.parse_launch ("v4lsrc device=/dev/video0 !video/x-raw-yuv ,width=320,height=240 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! jpegenc ! multipartmux !udpsink host= "+DestinationH+" port="+str(listenP)

Thanks alot. wish anyone around here can give me some advice....:)

SledgeHammer_999
April 25th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Documentation about Pygst is here (http://pygstdocs.berlios.de/pygst-reference/index.html)

I don't know anything about streaming with gstreamer. For quality control I suggest to set the "quality" property of jpegenc(eg jpegenc quality=50), and maybe check the available properties for udpsink.

Note:
Use:

gst-inspect-0.10 elementname

in order to see what properties each element has.

KimHock
April 25th, 2009, 04:18 PM
thanks alot for the reply. as i will look tru on tat part. I still wish those who know about the concurrently streaming and able to see the webcam video on the computer that is transmitting.
Thanks alot

KimHock
April 27th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks. i had find the solution for the display and sending problem.. using the tee command to assist the video.