PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 6.0 Hot to update Perl and lib

nokynoky
April 25th, 2009, 07:55 AM
I've freshly installed ubuntu 6.0 but after gogling and digging i can't find my answer how to update this files for webmin 1.470

bind9 dhcp3-server perl libnet-ssleay-perl openssl libauthen-pam-perl libpam-runtime libio-pty-perl libmd5-perl

Need Help Badly

reason i use ubuntu 6 because when i installed 8.XX my computer going so slow
and browsing also slow

Computer Specs

compaq deskpro EN
Pentium III 800mhz
256MB
buit in video / sound / land
15GB IDE

Purpose Home Network Gateway Router Firewall
and if can support domain for web hosting ^_^

lisati
April 25th, 2009, 07:58 AM
6.0? I didn't know there was one! It's probably too old to automatically updated through the update manager.

There's now a 9.04 - feel free to check it out, by many of the accounts I've seen, it's faster than earlier releases.

nokynoky
April 25th, 2009, 08:05 AM
6.0? I didn't know there was one! It's probably too old to automatically updated through the update manager.

There's now a 9.04 - feel free to check it out, by many of the accounts I've seen, it's faster than earlier releases.

i tried 8.xx to slow and error installation how much more the 9.XX T_T but when i tried 6.XX installation and boot are good

yes your correct i cant use updated manager so im looking way how to update from a repository. im New @ linux

jasonsjunk
April 25th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I have been running 9.04 on my P3 933 Mhz for over a month now, no issues and it runs smooth. You can also run Xubuntu which runs XCFE instead of Gnome, that should reduce the load on the older system as well.

I use my P3 as a MythTv frontend in my bedroom because it is much quieter than any of my other computers.