PDA

View Full Version : Massively multiplayer online role-playing game

Hawk Sweptwing
April 25th, 2009, 04:12 AM
I have been in the gaming world for 13 years and have beta tested most of the big games.

I also run some of the worlds largest guilds.

I will not run a game on Vista and I am presently running Windows XP professional.

Will I have problems running a game like World Of Warcraft?

wildman4god
April 25th, 2009, 04:20 AM
I have been in the gaming world for 13 years and have beta tested most of the big games.

I also run some of the worlds largest guilds.

I will not run a game on Vista and I am presently running Windows XP professional.

Will I have problems running a game like World Of Warcraft?

you mean in ubuntu under wine, I hear it has a platinum rating on the wine app database (which means it will install and run perfectly with no mods) 'course I hear if your installing from a cd you have to remount the CD-ROM with a special command string to get wine to see the hidden setup files, there should be a tutorial in the wine section of these forums, also I hear guild wars also has platinum and never winter nights has a linux version.

Mateo
April 25th, 2009, 04:21 AM
is this a riddle?

Bölvağur
April 25th, 2009, 04:29 AM
World of warcraft (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=14154&iTestingId=38952) has some issues (check the link)
Eve-Online is working very well.
Regnum Online is native and works perfectly.
Flyff runs as well as it should be allowed to (unable to run it)

World of Quake live (http://cdn-web.quakelive.com/web75/css/valances/fool-2009/merged_v75.0.jpg) is awesome!!!
It has everything you liked about WoW (check out the small print on the image at the bottom) except it got much cooler characters and got better balanced weapons. Also you get to ride Orb ^^.

lovinglinux
April 25th, 2009, 06:10 AM
If you are planning to continue doing beta tests of games and play several titles, then I'm afraid it's better to keep your XP on dual-boot for this task.

If you just want to play WoW for fun, then I guess is doable.