PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bookmarks disappear in Firefox 3

glynn
April 25th, 2009, 12:54 AM
I have completed a clean install of 8.10 and then an upgrade to 9.04 and have noticed that even though I saved some locations as bookmarks, when I closed and restarted FF the bookmarks did not exist. They were still there as locations that I had been to previously, but the bookmarks drop down menu consistently only shows the default values. I did not save any bookmarks under 8.10, so I have no idea if the problem was already there or only when I upgraded to 9.04.

Any suggestions?

lalamax3d
April 25th, 2009, 01:05 AM
I have completed a clean install of 8.10 and then an upgrade to 9.04 and have noticed that even though I saved some locations as bookmarks, when I closed and restarted FF the bookmarks did not exist. They were still there as locations that I had been to previously, but the bookmarks drop down menu consistently only shows the default values. I did not save any bookmarks under 8.10, so I have no idea if the problem was already there or only when I upgraded to 9.04.

Any suggestions?
try using google bookmarks. if they seems tough, go to firefox addons website and search for "gmarks" plugin. it adds a simple menu like firefox bookmarks
more it does is: it open as firefox sidebar. for easy dragdrop additions and reusablity
turst me, its good ;) hope it helps for future

glynn
April 25th, 2009, 03:30 AM
try using google bookmarks. if they seems tough, go to firefox addons website and search for "gmarks" plugin. it adds a simple menu like firefox bookmarks
more it does is: it open as firefox sidebar. for easy dragdrop additions and reusablity
turst me, its good ;) hope it helps for future

Thanks - I have found and installed it, but when I tried to bookmark a site, it sent back an error message - see the attachment