PDA

View Full Version : Comcast fails......

dragos240
April 24th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Hi everyone!!

I was watching the first episode of pitchmen (Heheh..) and then I tried to skip an ad, as usual, the comcast box did it's job, crash. This has been happening for quite a while now. Every 1 out of 2 times when I try to fastforward or rewind a program, it crashes and goes back to the channel I was watching before on-demand. So i'd had enough..... I called comcast with the problem, the elevator music rawkd (just kidding) and it was pretty fast, but it went downhill when the technical guy refered to me as "ma'am", I am a 14 year old boy, not a 25 year old woman. And yet, even trying to troubleshoot the problem, nothing did it. Eventually the guy tried to "warm seset" my box, he then lost connection of his end of the phone line, repeatively asking "Can you hear me? Hello?" and then promptly, hung up. I really have to say.... that their buisness fails.....

What do you think.....

MaxIBoy
April 24th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Yeah, I pretty much concur.

will1911a1
April 24th, 2009, 11:30 PM
By and large my wife and I are pretty happy with Comcast.

I had an issue where my e-mail address was being disabled somehow but after two incidents it hasn't happened again.

When we bought our house the contractor Comcast sent in to hook up our cable boxes used a non-DVR box downstairs so they had to send in an actual Comcast tech to replace it with what we actually ordered.

All in all those were minor irritations and we've had great service otherwise.

LightB
April 24th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Their prices aren't as stupid as Time Warner in this area but you get what you pay for.

damis648
April 24th, 2009, 11:36 PM
I agree. :popcorn:

Jollyollydog66
April 25th, 2009, 01:04 AM
I don't have Comcast but just from what I've heard from people I know it crashes constantly. One of my friends is addicted to WoW and actually had to switch internet providers because he was getting disconnected so frequently.

dragos240
April 25th, 2009, 01:07 AM
I don't have Comcast but just from what I've heard from people I know it crashes constantly. One of my friends is addicted to WoW and actually had to switch internet providers because he was getting disconnected so frequently.

Yeah, I don't have any problems with internet, it's just their TV and customer support, it fails epicly. OH! And err.... I had to post this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLHgbJ-gByA)

fdrake
April 25th, 2009, 03:05 AM
i have Comcast TV and Internet...
my internet fail few times specially when i download for a long time,, but my tv has never had issues that i know. Anyway I watch probably 15-20 min a day of tv .
maybe the problem is due to the fact that cable system are shared(and no personal like dsl and Fios) and therefore during high traffic moments it goes crazy...

inobe
April 25th, 2009, 03:33 AM
i had to get dsl, around 5pm the connection dropped like a rock.

there problem is they network out a tier 3 line to 500 homes and expect the same results during peak hours.

they make bad business practices.

MikeTheC
April 25th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Actually, I got a letter in the mail from them two days ago which said they'd audited my account (amgonst others) and have lowered my rates. There was some suggestive up-selling in the letter, but actually nothing egregious.

I'm not sure by how much they're going to lower my bill, but any amount helps. They also suggested I return the cable modem and by my own if I would like to save the monthly $3 rental fee.

I'd love to bitch about Comcast, but frankly... they're not bad.

Tomorrow I will go back to that place on the Internet selling the SB5001 for $48 and buy it, then swap 'em out. Heck, in a little over a year it'll have paid for itself, and I'll be spending $3 a month less.

Has anyone else gotten a letter like this from Comcast, btw?

fdrake
April 25th, 2009, 04:33 AM
i didn't get any letter from them just the bills. Anyway depending on your locations your first 3 months are they cheapest ones, then something happens to the tax-fees, the just keep going up month by month, non stop. To those who are thinking to switch to Comcast for the internet note 2 things:

-Price is pretty fair for what you get. I pay $45/50 a month for Internet
-They canceled Usenet service. This was one of the reasons I switched to their service 3 years ago, but now that they canceled, I am thinking to get Fios when it will be available on my are.

Personally I don't like the prices of their TV packages (pretty expensive if you want to watch the HD and the HBO channels, untill 2 months ago I used to pay around $150/160 for just cable-TV,after 3 years of service),just switch to dish. This thing was going out of control so I desided to get just the plain basic package. Now I can say "there is nothing worth to watch, but the news."

blueshiftoverwatch
April 25th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I had to post this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLHgbJ-gByA)
Neat.

dragos240
April 25th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Neat.

Isn't it ;)

I can't believe that this thread is still going.

MikeTheC
April 25th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I only spend about $13.50 (base) for my cable tv package. It's what they call "minimum basic" (that is, not Tier 1 service), and I only have that for my mom, who wants to be able to watch soaps, night dramas, 1-2 game shows and the news with better quality than over-the-air. I happen to think that is even a bit much, but it's sure better than spending whatever Tier 1 costs ($30+, I think). I don't watch any tv myself. Anything I watch either has to be available off-the-'net or on DVD (that is, watchable directly on my computer.) Whatever is not available by one of those methods simply will not get watched by me, period.

As most of what's on that I've been exposed to is pretty universally an insult to my intelligence (and this is something that's gotten worse with time), it isn't very hard for me to "not" turn the TV on and surf the channels.