PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Kubuntu 9.04 upgrade screwed up my installation

linux newb
April 24th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Hi I recentley upgraded to 9.04 from 8.10 and in bfore i even installed 8.10, I had to run the live cd install dmraid setup my raid 0 and then install. when i upgraded through the os (i thought this way id be able to install the upgrade without having to tell it to wite to both harddrives simultaneously via konsole) it screwed up my installation and when i try to boot it says my nvidia_cfcccghi_5 driver cannot be found. now i try to install it the same way i did 8.10 and i install dmraid, modprobe it, -ay it, and then try to key into cd /dev/mapper/, and ti tells me it does not exist. can anyone help me to either recover my previous installation, or get the new one to work with raid0 ? im kinda frustrated about this.

linux newb
April 24th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Hi I recentley upgraded to 9.04 from 8.10 and in bfore i even installed 8.10, I had to run the live cd install dmraid setup my raid 0 and then install. when i upgraded through the os (i thought this way id be able to install the upgrade without having to tell it to wite to both harddrives simultaneously via konsole) it screwed up my installation and when i try to boot it says my nvidia_cfcccghi_5 driver cannot be found. now i try to install it the same way i did 8.10 and i install dmraid, modprobe it, -ay it, and then try to key into cd /dev/mapper/, and ti tells me it does not exist. can anyone help me to either recover my previous installation, or get the new one to work with raid0 ? im kinda frustrated about this.I think a good idea would be to include this in the 9.10 edition, it would make lives like mine easier.

linux newb
April 24th, 2009, 08:16 PM
I think a good idea would be to include this in the 9.10 edition, it would make lives like mine easier.lol never mind got it working will post if have more trouble.