PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 9.04 - Creepy guy: IT SUCKS!

entr3p
April 24th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Haha omg. Check out this new video in YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNul-ZJPK9s

It's a dark creepy video about a guy upset with the new Ubuntu. Try to count how many times he says **** lol. Also he counts saying that it's **** as "facts" :|.

Therion
April 24th, 2009, 06:06 PM
@ :57s
... The way they built the AGP port? It's backwards..."

I quit listening/watching at that point.

Bonus Point: Referring to the OS as an application.

LightB
April 24th, 2009, 06:08 PM
So what? =D>

Rickje
April 24th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Oh dear lord, About that AGP port made me laugh. And indeed the bonus point was the OS as application.

entr3p
April 24th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Oh dear lord, About that AGP port made me laugh. And indeed the bonus point was the OS as application.
Lol yeh. I felt some weird...creepy feeling at :46 and beyond. He gets all mad and dramatic...just so he can say "it sucks!"

swoll1980
April 24th, 2009, 06:13 PM
@ :57s

I quit listening/watching at that point.

Bonus Point: Referring to the OS as an application.

:lolflag: Wow that's exactly when I stopped too. I couldn't handle it anymore after that. Nvidia is not supported? The video is choppy unless you use compiz? My agp port is backwards! Alright that's enough.

mhh91
April 24th, 2009, 06:16 PM
yep,creepy guy indeed :D

HavocXphere
April 24th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Lols. One guaranteed Win7 customer that MS can gladly have. With a bit of luck he'll call the MS helpline to help him with his backwards AGP port.

wolfen69
April 24th, 2009, 06:27 PM
i bet it was filmed in his mom's basement.

entr3p
April 24th, 2009, 06:28 PM
i bet it was filmed in his mom's basement.

I'm not even trying to make a joke...it truly seems like it :P.

gymophett
April 24th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Lol yeh. I felt some weird...creepy feeling at :46 and beyond. He gets all mad and dramatic...just so he can say "it sucks!"

I vomited at :46. :shock:

Twitch6000
April 24th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I cannot believe I just watched that....

Therion
April 24th, 2009, 09:33 PM
I cannot believe I just watched that....
Like a train wreck: So horrific it's mesmerizing.

SpriteSODA
April 24th, 2009, 09:40 PM
nice teeth

Sealbhach
April 24th, 2009, 09:54 PM
My AGP Port, it's my precioussss.

swoll1980
April 24th, 2009, 09:59 PM
My AGP Port, it's my precioussss.

http://sportjunkey.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/smeagol-bust_l-01.jpg

Daisuke_Aramaki
April 24th, 2009, 10:12 PM
the guy needs help. i have seen and heard from quite a few people who hate a certain distro, but most of the times they seem to know what they are talking about. This guy is certainly not one of them.

entr3p
April 24th, 2009, 10:12 PM
http://sportjunkey.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/smeagol-bust_l-01.jpg

Lmfao wow. Their twins lmfao. "it sucks ****...in a way"??

teamkiller87
April 24th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Shhh... tread lightly! He might be watching us.

///
April 24th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Was expecting to spot Leatherface mulling in the background

entr3p
April 24th, 2009, 10:38 PM
It's strange that he goes on in the front that it's good and such and in the middle suddenly changes saying how it sucks...split personalities?

swoll1980
April 24th, 2009, 10:41 PM
It's strange that he goes on in the front that it's good and such and in the middle suddenly changes saying how it sucks...split personalities?

Doesn't Smeagol have split personalities? [-o<

jaqrah
April 24th, 2009, 10:42 PM
I am not sure if I should thank you for guiding me to that entertaining video or curse you for providing me a reminder just how frightening humanity is.

It is a toss up.:shock::twisted:

chucky chuckaluck
April 24th, 2009, 10:49 PM
aw c'mon, the poor, little fella's kinda cute.

entr3p
April 24th, 2009, 10:50 PM
aw c'mon, the poor, little fella's kinda cute.

...ur kidding me? lol woow. Then smeagol must be getting all the girlies outside of the LOTR movies lmfao.

MaxIBoy
April 24th, 2009, 11:55 PM
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3818/71856441.png

entr3p
April 24th, 2009, 11:57 PM
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3818/71856441.png

LMFAO woooW! You made my day haha!:lolflag:

aml1648
April 25th, 2009, 10:12 PM
The guy did make a very good point. The incompatibility with Intel Graphic Cards affects many Dell computer users such as myself (Inspiron 1525).

I am looking forward to the update that will fix this problem. I thought that they would have had it fixed by the official release but it seems that they opted for the lazy solution and blacklisted the Intel cards instead.

Saint Angeles
April 25th, 2009, 10:32 PM
The guy did make a very good point. The incompatibility with Intel Graphic Cards affects many Dell computer users such as myself (Inspiron 1525).

I am looking forward to the update that will fix this problem. I thought that they would have had it fixed by the official release but it seems that they opted for the lazy solution and blacklisted the Intel cards instead.
nobody is stopping you from fixing the problem... that is, unless you are "lazy"

Daisuke_Aramaki
April 25th, 2009, 10:36 PM

how about reading some docs over at wiki site and other places to fix it, instead of being just a lazy observer?

hanzomon4
April 25th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Come on give the kid a break... he's probably 12

Namtabmai
April 25th, 2009, 11:18 PM

Totally. Refute his arguments, but taking it down to appearance and the way he pronounces words? That's just juvenile, I expect better from Ubuntu users.

aml1648
April 26th, 2009, 12:52 AM
"how about reading some docs over at wiki site and other places to fix it, instead of being just a lazy observer?"

Point taken. I know that it is fairly simple to remove my graphic card from the blacklist. But to actually fix the bug...I am not that good (yet). Fortunately the Ubuntu development team is going to release a new update that will presumably fix the problem. Or at least that is what I heard.

U-Bom-2
April 26th, 2009, 01:58 AM
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2121/freak.png

GOD!

Peasantoid
April 26th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Who is this guy and why should anyone listen to him? He seriously needs to do some research. Dammit.

I lost track of how many times he said "it sucks s**t"...

Also: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHHH

collinp
April 26th, 2009, 02:16 AM

I'm 14, yet I don't post videos on YouTube flaming Ubuntu, especially with a extreme lack of facts.

mrowth
April 26th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Lols. One guaranteed Win7 customer that MS can gladly have. With a bit of luck he'll call the MS helpline to help him with his backwards AGP port.

Actually...

When I decided to get online and bought the cheapest (Win-)) modem I could find I was worried it might be backwards... I didn't know PCI cards were supposed to be facing bottom-up. My ISA Soundblaster didn't...

Tipped OuT
April 26th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Lol...man...that is one scarey dude lol. I could'nt even watch the video any more at 0:46..holy sh**!!!

kilosan
April 26th, 2009, 03:43 AM
I think its a satire, its supposed to be funny.

Wiebelhaus
April 26th, 2009, 03:49 AM
OMG that was horrible

Chemical Imbalance
April 26th, 2009, 04:26 AM

I don't know about you, but I cringed after ten seconds and immediately closed the tab.

I guess we all have different senses of humor. :)

PryGuy
April 26th, 2009, 05:43 AM
I think its a satire, its supposed to be funny.Yeah, that's what I thought. It looks like The Silence Of The Lambs 3 teaser actually... There's nothing funny if it's all true, the guy is sick then... :(

Dark Aspect
April 26th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Why does he think his AGP port is backwards, is it a older 1x or 4x port? 8x cards won't with those and make it look like the card will fit backwards; I've never heard of any one that actually tried to plug one in that way, it would probably explode.

PryGuy
April 26th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Why does he think his AGP port is backwards, is it a older 1x or 4x port? 8x cards won't with those and make it look like the card will fit backwards; I've never heard of any one that actually tried to plug one in that way, it would probably explode....anyway, it's not Ubuntu problem...

aikiwolfie
April 26th, 2009, 11:11 AM
So who want to volunteer to go round his house and sort his 'puter issues. Didn't someone say he was cute? I vote that person goes. :D

Coffee3133
April 26th, 2009, 12:49 PM

I just bought an Inspiron 530 and installed ubuntu 8.04, 8.10, and 9.04 on it. I am currently using Ubuntu 9.04. I have no problems with the intel series of graphics card I have.

Dell, in fact, supports linux and ubuntu in particular by offering it as a download on their site with many fixes installed for problem computers.

Thank you,

~Coffee

BTW --The kid in the video with the bad teeth ... [insert teenage angst here]. And that's all I got to say about that.

Sealbhach
April 26th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Totally. Refute his arguments, but taking it down to appearance and the way he pronounces words? That's just juvenile, I expect better from Ubuntu users.

You are of course right. I feel a little guilty now.

billgoldberg
April 26th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't call the guy creepy, just "weird" (I would use another word in real life, but ...).

Sealbhach
April 26th, 2009, 03:31 PM
It's the fact he's sitting in darkness that clinches it for me.

thewolfman
April 26th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I have graphic card issues too but Jaunty works for me even without Compiz and I have my mum's permission to say that!.

Sinkingships7
April 26th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I went, I saw, I commented, I left.

Now I'm going to go brush my teeth.

Vitamin-Carrot
April 28th, 2009, 03:36 AM
The facts are -

He has openly admitted that he was tired and some what agitated when he made the vid - he has used Ubuntu in the past and has continued to try and resolve his own issue as many of us do - despite his dark stih lord appearance he is one of us, an ubuntu user with an issue that he is trying to solve and with that said I understand that sometimes when things arent working the way they should be it can get tedious and frustrating real fast, sometimes to the point where you make bad decisions and decide to lash out in what ever ways available i.e. Youtube.

So with the aforementioned stated - shouldnt we help him instead of commenting on his appearance?

is that not the Ubuntu way?
Show yourselves as better than the fanboys that rage and complain by helping and guiding them, as members of the ubuntu community

entr3p
April 28th, 2009, 03:48 AM
The facts are -

He has openly admitted that he was tired and some what agitated when he made the vid - he has used Ubuntu in the past and has continued to try and resolve his own issue as many of us do - despite his dark stih lord appearance he is one of us, an ubuntu user with an issue that he is trying to solve and with that said I understand that sometimes when things arent working the way they should be it can get tedious and frustrating real fast, sometimes to the point where you make bad decisions and decide to lash out in what ever ways available i.e. Youtube.

So with the aforementioned stated - shouldnt we help him instead of commenting on his appearance?

is that not the Ubuntu way?
Show yourselves as better than the fanboys that rage and complain by helping and guiding them, as members of the ubuntu community

I believe to be an "Ubuntu person" but it's simple as this: If he didn't keep saying "It sucks ****!" for %90 of the video and actually explained in more detail what were the "problems" then I would of gladly helped him more. Also I sent him a video response to solve his graphics card problem and he even sent me a message thanking me so I believe even though he acted very immature that I was good in my part.

jowilkin
April 28th, 2009, 03:56 AM

The sad part is... I don't think it was satire :(

That said I agree with others that it's not cool at all to bash on his appearance. Possibly his language and attitude, but not appearance.

Vitamin-Carrot
April 28th, 2009, 03:59 AM
I believe to be an "Ubuntu person" but it's simple as this: If he didn't keep saying "It sucks ****!" for %90 of the video and actually explained in more detail what were the "problems" then I would of gladly helped him more. Also I sent him a video response to solve his graphics card problem and he even sent me a message thanking me so I believe even though he acted very immature that I was good in my part.

Yes I saw that response and yes you did good - like i said ignore the fanboy rage part and just help him.

/me hugs entr3p

There is no real reason as to why we should be slandering our own on these forums, we are all in this together and should act as such.

entr3p
April 28th, 2009, 04:05 AM
Yes I saw that response and yes you did good - like i said ignore the fanboy rage part and just help him.

/me hugs entr3p

There is no real reason as to why we should be slandering our own on these forums, we are all in this together and should act as such.

I gotta agree. Just thought the message was directed at me lol.:lolflag:

/hugs back

b@sh_n3rd
April 28th, 2009, 04:16 AM
I agree..poor fellow's just stressed out...my dad got scared when he saw the vid. haha. he thought it was a ghost or something and told me not to watch. i said "it's noot a ghost its a small boy!!" :D anyways, he's just been united with a laaame-O computer and we could help him...:D

PS: laughed about my dad's incident soo much i couldn't type at my usual rate. Hey, still laughing! :D

MaxIBoy
April 28th, 2009, 04:48 AM
I can kinda deduce what this guy's story is (doesn't have the right AGP, thinks it's backwards, video card is disabled a few years later, it's so aggravating he forgets to brush his teeth.) I also think he kinda flipped out, and I can excuse that. But he should've recovered his cool, and taken the video off. If he didn't take the video off, I feel justified in thinking that it still represents his opinion.

cariboo
April 28th, 2009, 06:46 AM
This thread doesn't seem to be going anywhere. It is closed.