PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Upgrade from LiveCD?

SnackMasterX
April 24th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Hello,

I am currently running 8.10 at work and we have network issues so it makes downloading all the updates for 9.04 a problem. I was wondering if there was a way to upgrade to 9.04 using the LiveCD without having to reformat the entire system. If where isn't any idea why not and how I could go about putting a suggestion to add that feature? I would imagine it would only need a minor update to the update manager then in future releases there could be the option to upgrade the system from within the live CD.

Thanks in Advance!

*EDIT*

The problem I have with the network is when I am downloading anything at all I can download maybe the first MB (if I'm lucky) then the download loses connection and I have to restart and hope that it gets further than a MB. This happens for anything but seems to be worse when downloading updates for ubuntu or gentoo. For some reason windows updates doesn't have an issue and I know that it's a router related issue because if I connect directly to the cable modem then I have no internet problems.