PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade 9.04 to UNR

jtnave23
April 24th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Dear all,
New to Ubuntu and have downloaded and installed 9.04 on my netbook to play and learn. I would like to install Netbook Remix, but cannot seem to get it to work right with the install I've downloaded. Is there a way to upgrade to UNR via Terminal/Command lines?
Thanks!
JN

GeorgeVita
April 24th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Hi jtnave23,

as you have a running 9.04 on your netbook, you can install and then use the UNR desktop interface from the menu (on left of the top panel).

System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager > give your password

click reload to have the latest data (you must have an internet connection active)

type remix on the Quick search window

Mark for installation (if not already installed) the following:
ubuntu-netbook-remix-default...
ubuntu-netbook-remix
netbook-launcher
desktop-switcher

Apply and download them to your system.

Switching can by done via System > Preferences > Switch Desktop Mode

A final important note: There is a bug in the switcher at the moment. In case you faced this problem described at:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1135471
you must know the solution!

Regards,
George

snowpine
April 24th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Or, from the terminal:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-netbook-remix

Shidian Ou
April 24th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I've upgraded the default desktop to 9.04, but when I search Synaptic for "remix", I don't get any of the "ubuntu-netbook-remix" packages. I only get "netbook-desktop" ver. 1.6.20-0ubuntu2. All the items are checked under the Ubuntu tab in the repositories. Do I need to add a different rep?

[Update]
I don't know what happened, but I installed the netbook-launcher then relaunched Synaptic and now the Ubuntu-remix packages are there.