PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrading causing broken packages (Vuze and VLC)

superarmy
April 24th, 2009, 10:51 AM
So far the upgrade has been great although I have noticed two things.

VLC seems to have changed to a more M player like setup where the timeline and tool bar are separate to the video itself. It's nothing major but wondering if it could be changed back.

Main gripe currently though is Vuze appears to be broken.

terminal gives

samuel@hinds-desktop:~$ vuze
exec: 11: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/bin/java: not found

Any ideas?

superarmy
April 25th, 2009, 03:18 AM
bump

OdSquad64
April 25th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Main gripe currently though is Vuze appears to be broken.

terminal gives

Any ideas?

I'm having this exact same problem after the upgrade, I'm still in search of a solution.

Partyboi2
April 25th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Hi, check that you have you got java6 installed.

OdSquad64
April 25th, 2009, 09:30 AM
i do have java 6 installed

Icthyo
April 25th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Don't know if this will shed some light. I installed Vuze by downloading the generic version from Vuze's website. This was under Hardy. Worked like a charm; however, I did a clean install to Jaunty but the same vuze installation file was not working.

The Jaunty repositories does have an Ubuntu version of Vuze. The installation went well; however, it's not the same excellent interface that I'm getting as when I was using Hardy. I'm not getting the Vuze HD network interface. If you have any success with this please let me know.

Regards.

itsjustarumour
April 27th, 2009, 04:09 AM
terminal gives

Any ideas?

Getting same thing here, and still looking for a solution.

Fresh install of 9.04 32bit, Vuze from Ubuntu repos. I do have Java-6 installed.

Garrovick
April 27th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Looks like VLC is trying to emulate what programs like PowerDVD do. Have the controls separate from the video window. Must be an "update"

platinumriver
April 27th, 2009, 05:06 AM
See this thread for the Vuze fix.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1133437

OdSquad64
April 30th, 2009, 07:22 PM
i did this and it seemed to work, but i think i have a larger problem now. after upgrading to 9.04 programs just get killed randomly, sometimes right after opening, such as with vuze, sometimes just after sitting there for a while things will close