PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade cause a few lighter problem

SpinningAround
April 24th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Updated from 8.10 to 9.04 and it looks like it almost went perfectly but there is a few things that isn't working correct. First when I login to I get a message about my network regarding local.c* something and it is not compatible (or similar) with something that start at A :P I'm haven't read all since after a few seconds do the pop-up disappear.
//EDIT: Problem might be this http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/904#Avahi%20will%20not%20start%20if%20a%20.local%2 0domain%20is%20present

I got a Ati card (HD 4670) and when I try to look at a video clip (.avi) and at the same time have compiz running will I get a complete freeze and the computer req. a hard reset to get working again. I'm unsure but during the upgrade did a few messages saying "Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0"." unsure if it's useful.

Last thing is more a question, during the upgrade was I asked if I wanted to continue using my config file for NFS or change to package creates version, I did choose the last one, those it matter?

That is about it so far