PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Someone take out the trash!

emeraldgirl08
April 24th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Sorry. Couldn't resist :)

The trash icon on the bottom of my screen is not displaying an empty image. I emptied the trash but it won't refresh the image. Anyone have an idea why this is?

steve101101
April 24th, 2009, 07:12 AM
nope. it normally does. I bet restarting gnome or just restarting will do the trick. I wouldn't worry about it though.

Carl Hamlin
April 24th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Sorry. Couldn't resist :)

The trash icon on the bottom of my screen is not displaying an empty image. I emptied the trash but it won't refresh the image. Anyone have an idea why this is?

That happens to me pretty regularly, too. Has for quite some time, now. I'm not sure what that's about, but at least in my case the problem seems to clear up when I close up shop for the night.

inobe
April 24th, 2009, 07:15 AM
emeraldgirl08 i have you tried any icon themes lately.

emeraldgirl08
April 24th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Inobe: No. I have not tried any themes lately. What I've done lately was run some diagnostics to determine why my mini-PCI wireless wasn't able to work with WPA-PSK (I've since reverted to WEP). I've also adjusted the fonts to my liking because the default one's weren't to my liking. The font experimenting was a nightmare! I got it all squared away now tho. I don't think messing with the font settings will affect this tho.

Carl and Steve: Okay thanks for the response. I'm going to restart and see if it gets fixed.

Sarai the Geek
April 24th, 2009, 08:24 AM
If a restart doesn't fix it (it probably will) and it really bothers you (it probably won't) you could try a different theme (i.e. oxygen) to see if it's an icon problem.

inobe
April 24th, 2009, 08:34 AM
now that i remember it's happened to me, couldn't resolve the problem, i simply removed the trash from panel and placed it back.

note: couldn't get it back in it's original place.