PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Jaunty Video resolution and bluetooth problems

studavis
April 24th, 2009, 05:25 AM
I fresh installed 9.04 beta, then I could select 1600x1200 resolution for my HP LP2065 external monitor, worked perfectly. Since updating, I can only select up to 1024x768. I'm using Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 03).

The other problem is with Bluetooth mouse (SD BT card and Targus BT mouse. I can connect fine but if I reboot it looses connection, have to delete and re-pair.

Both the above issues were fine with 8.04.... (Toshiba Portege R200).

Any help greatly appreciated, I'm pleased with 9.0 (almost) especially as I have got Wine working well with Excel 2003 including mre or less full VBA support. Thanks

RgnKjnVA
April 24th, 2009, 06:16 AM
I have the same resolution issue in 8.10 with the same controller. I was reviewing this thread to see if it was resolved in Jaunty. =o/

If you're coming from 8.04 you may be interested in this thread on Bluetooth after Hardy...http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=964139&page=24

studavis
April 24th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the reply, been searching thru the posts, no luck so far. In fact my BT worked perfectly with 8.10 as well, I downgraded to 8.04 to try and get Wine working correctly.

This all seems to be 1 step forward, 2 steps backwards... As much as I like Ubuntu, it's just not there. I see all the complaints about Windows and I too am not a fan but XP has never given me the sort of trouble I have now. And you can't blame hardware manufacturers (in my case at least) cos both issuses (resolution and BT) worked perfectly in 8.04.....

Help... is there no solution to this?? Guess I better file a bug report