PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Emerald causes terminal hang

antoniouslj
April 24th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Ok so I've been running Jaunty for a few weeks now and I love it. I downloaded the ubuntustudio-theme package and related files to get a nice ubuntu studio look. That went great and it installed everything I was after. Now, I'm wanting to use emerald along with a different window decor.

The problem I'm getting is when I use the terminal to activate emerald and replace the window manager with "emerald --replace", terminal just hangs inevitably. Now, it does activate emerald and themes the windows perfectly, it just hangs there forever. If I force quit terminal it kills emerald and doesn't replace it with another window manager, so I'm left with no window border (No title bar, minimize/maximize/close buttons).

I've tried using xterm.

I've tried removing compiz and emerald and reinstalling both.

I've edited compiz's window decor options and included the command "emerald --replace"

Nothing works.

I'm now left with an unusable terminal and a constant window in the background to maintain my emerald decor.

Please help! ](*,)

antoniouslj
April 24th, 2009, 05:20 AM
Nevermind.... It magically works now! I don't know what caused it to just start working again, but it is and it isn't using up a terminal.

Yay!