PDA

View Full Version : ubuntu magazine

jorgerosa
April 24th, 2009, 01:54 AM
Hello, im trying to review all applications and games in a single website
(like the famous www.gamespot.com (http://www.gamespot.com/) but it is only for PC, MAC, Consoles, etc.)
Our will be only for UBUNTU stuff.
We need EDITORS (Reviewers, etc), its not easy stuff, but.... Can anyone help?
Go to UBUNTUMAGAZINE: www.ubuntumagazine.org (http://www.ubuntumagazine.org/) and click in the "About" button.
Please note, this website is not finished yet (has some bugs, etc)
THANKS!

lovinglinux
April 24th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Nice work so far.

Will you list only native games or those that can be run using Wine?

For instance, the game Portal runs perfectly with Wine and is one of the most interesting games I ever played.

Are you using an open source CMS or did you coded the site on your own. I'm asking this because if you use Joomla, I know some extensions that you might like.

jorgerosa
April 24th, 2009, 02:42 AM
Thanks lovinglinux.
Games with WINE will also be possible, since there are many great games running from it.
Only in that "install" should be the step-by-step tutorial explaining how to install it.
Im working in a plugin atm, to mark that games with a "WINE" logo.
Want to join and give it a try?... ;) :)
Cya

(Just to remember you guys: sorry about my english!)

lovinglinux
April 24th, 2009, 03:10 AM
Thanks lovinglinux.
Games with WINE will also be possible, since there are many great games running from it.
Only in that "install" should be the step-by-step tutorial explaining how to install it.
Im working in a plugin atm, to mark that games with a "WINE" logo.
Want to join and give it a try?... ;) :)
Cya

(Just to remember you guys: sorry about my english!)

That's nice. I don't think I have enough background to help. The only game that I actually played regularly was America's Army, since version 2.6 through 2.8.4. I also created a map for it. Then I switched to Ubuntu 7 months ago an stopped playing. I don't like the ported version (2.5), but I still have high hopes that the upcoming 3.0 would behave better under Wine. Meanwhile, I'm still trying to make 2.8.4 work. Installed again yesterday, to try with Wine 1.1.19. No joy.

Desculpe meu Inglês também ;)

lovinglinux
May 8th, 2009, 06:12 PM
The site is looking really good. Well organized, with easy to spot info on the reviews, the icons above the technical data are great...

Congrats.

wsonar
May 8th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Site looks good will have to check more out later

pwnst*r
May 8th, 2009, 06:18 PM
i'd ditch the WWW in the graphics, but other than that, it's a slick site. well done!