PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with FreeNX and NoMachine

swietowid
April 24th, 2009, 01:01 AM
I am currently running Jaunty with FreeNX installed. When I connect remotely to my box an try to start some apps (gedit for example) I get following warning:

Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":1000.0".

Gedit still runs but I am not sure if there are some other problems. This was not happening in intrepid.

Anyone has any ideas?

walkingsp
April 25th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I have exactly the same problem on the two machines that I am using. I searched on the web, but had no luck. I guess it is freeNX's problem. Maybe the only solution is to wait for the next release of freeNX.

freakalad
October 4th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Same issue (standard apps like gedit's fine; issues with video-heavy apps like glxgears); I'm trying to work a video issue when connecting to VM (libvirt/KVM) clients (boxee, NBR, etc)

Using FreeNX server with QtNX client.

Already getting pretty good performance & other benefits (pointer-lock, etc), so overall I'm pretty happy thus far

urimax
October 13th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I have the same problem. I don't know why when I login with NX client my gnome lost all apearance and ubuntu theme. Besides, Nvidia control panel thinks that X are not configured but I can run glxgears, very slow but runs...
----

Hi, I just found a solution for theme problem: http://hydtech.wordpress.com/2009/08/19/freenx-problems-in-ubuntu-gnome-theme-screensaver-lock-screen-show-desktop-nxclient-and-nxserver/

but this don't repair nvidia control panel problem and Xlib extension on display 1000:0 problem

surgin
December 8th, 2009, 05:51 PM
I have got the same problem, and fixed it following the introduction of this link:
http://hydtech.wordpress.com/2009/08/19/freenx-problems-in-ubuntu-gnome-theme-screensaver-lock-screen-show-desktop-nxclient-and-nxserver/
"""
Run gconf-editor.
Navigate to /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/plugins/keyboard.
Uncheck the “Active” box on the right.
Log out and log back in.”
"""
hopefully It helps.

I am currently running Jaunty with FreeNX installed. When I connect remotely to my box an try to start some apps (gedit for example) I get following warning:

Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":1000.0".

Gedit still runs but I am not sure if there are some other problems. This was not happening in intrepid.

Anyone has any ideas?