PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with wallpaper and login screen.

Flip101
April 23rd, 2009, 11:57 PM
i've two problems.

first one is the size of the font at my login screen. I searched around a little bit and found that i can edit an xml file of the theme and set another found there. However what i found really strange about this is that it occurs after a fresh install. Both with 8.10 as with the new 9.04. Also another thing that it strange is that the font sizes are set at 11-12 while it looks like font size 4. Resolution of the login screen is 640x480 (i believe), which i like to be higher but i don't know how.

my second problem, and this one is real annoying, is that the wallpaper is only applied to a part of the desktop. Outside where the wallpaper is spawned it's black and when i move a window there it leaves a trace. The gnome panels render correctly. I can "fix" this by changing anything in the screen settings, like different resolution or different Hz. But everytime i restart my computer it's wrong again.

Also i have a question. Is it possible to show the users as icons at the login screen rather then typing the username?

Thanks for the help!

pastalavista
April 24th, 2009, 01:09 AM
For your first problem you might try booting in recovery mode and repairing Xorg (last item on the menu) and for the second, go to System > Administration > Login Manager and there are several choices for login menus including some with user list icon thing