PDA

View Full Version : Linux tutorials;;Good!!!

Peter76
January 6th, 2006, 05:40 PM
check out this site: http://learnlinux.tsf.org.za/
It's from the Shuttleworth Foundation = the same guys that started Ubuntu ( as you may well know:-).
It has some really good tutorials on ( Debian/Ubuntu ) Linux, from beginner to advanced. Hope you all like it
Peter

earobinson
January 6th, 2006, 06:54 PM
cool!

NOTE: this is not a support issue so it should not be in the support forums.

EDIT: been moved

Derek Djons
January 6th, 2006, 07:51 PM
I did some reading and if I'm right this is not just a website with tutotials. Mark Shuttleworth has other people working on normal tutorials and helpguides.

If I'm right this project excists out of two parts:

1. Contributing to the project.
Helping out by sharing information, coding, editing and indexing.

2. Linux courses (Advanced users).
Quote from the original site:

The course is suitable for people who are familiar with computing in general, and would like to "Learn Linux" for the purpose of using it as part of a business information technology (IT) strategy. If you wish to use, or consider using, Linux and have an interest in topics such as Systems Administration, Network Administration, or Systems Engineering, then the courses are for you.

Peter76
January 6th, 2006, 08:32 PM
To earobinson: sorry....

To Derek Johns ( and everybody else ): yes you are right, but the courses are very good imo, and not only for advanced users. The fundamentals course is really good for beginners, and if you've covered that, you can go on with the next one. I learned a lot from all the courses and still use them as a reference very often ( also the fundamentals one ;-)

Derek Djons
January 6th, 2006, 08:46 PM
To earobinson: sorry....

To Derek Johns ( and everybody else ): yes you are right, but the courses are very good imo, and not only for advanced users. The fundamentals course is really good for beginners, and if you've covered that, you can go on with the next one. I learned a lot from all the courses and still use them as a reference very often ( also the fundamentals one ;-)

No doubt they are useful :) I've already downloaded the pdf's onto my computer and can't wait till next wednesday. I'm having an appointement at the Copyshopt to print out all the 1103 pages. I've things go smooth maybe there's a slight chance that I will be doing an exam but for now it's pure knowledge.

Peter76
January 6th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Good luck then with the exams...:cool:

earobinson
January 7th, 2006, 12:44 AM
np, msgs a mod had it moved