PDA

View Full Version : looking for a cheap PDA With wifi

markp1989
April 23rd, 2009, 07:44 PM
Probably not the right place to post this, but the people on this forum are very knowledgeable.

im looking to buy a cheap pda, with wifi, to use as a remote for mpd. are the any specfic models that you would recommend?

thanks markp1989

Thelasko
April 23rd, 2009, 07:56 PM
It's hard to find PDA's lately. I was just having this conversation with a coworker. Everyone is buying smartphones, and the PDA market is dying.

The only thing close to a PDA on the market today is an iPod touch. Quite a few PDA users I work with have switched to the iPod touch for lack of a better alternative.

markp1989
April 23rd, 2009, 08:18 PM
It's hard to find PDA's lately. I was just having this conversation with a coworker. Everyone is buying smartphones, and the PDA market is dying.

The only thing close to a PDA on the market today is an iPod touch. Quite a few PDA users I work with have switched to the iPod touch for lack of a better alternative.

i know , i remember about 4 years ago, pdas were every where, just i couldnt afford one.

it doesnt need to be new, i been looking on ebay, and found a HP Jornada 568 for £28 which will do what i want, im just seeing if i can find anyting better before i buy

markp1989
April 30th, 2009, 06:51 PM
reply, this sucks, the pda i got on ebay was miss listed, has no wifi, the person emailed me asking if i still wanted it , before sending it, so i said no, now im looking for another 1

helliewm
April 30th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Try either a Nokia N800 OR N810 Internet Tablet. I use that as a PDA. Its brilliant it runs Maemo a debian derivative, You can find out more at http://www.internettabletforums.com

It could be what you are looking for. I love mine. You can pick them up cheaply.

Helen

EDIT: It has WIFI and you can use Bluetooth PAN to connect to the Internet from your mobile. So you can have internet access anywhere.

dragos240
April 30th, 2009, 09:12 PM
A tungsten E2 would work great, although..... the browser is pricey.