PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Once again a WPA2 issue in 9.04

lodravah
April 23rd, 2009, 07:32 PM
Ubuntu 9.04 on MSI Wind - WPA2 - issue.

Hey all.

This is a repost of a previous one.

Just ran a Live-session from my USB, and sadly I still have a problem with logging in to a WPA2-encrypted wireless network run from a Mac-router.. I get hex in the "password"-field and endless attempts at login.

I did get some instructions from a helpful forum-member, but the construction of a wpa_supplicant was a bit technical for me. So I decided to wait for 9.04 to see what happened. And exactly the same was the result. It did recognize the Ralink RT2700-wireless without installing any drivers, and that is good. I'm guessing that wireless will work most of the time, but I'd like to get rid of my D-Link G-USB WiFi Dongle that I've been using since I nuked XP from my Wind.

So, I ask if anyone else have this problem. And I wonder if anyone has an "how-to" for making a wpa_supplicant - file.

Also, Bluetooth did not seem to want to be activated using the Fn-F11.

Would appreciate any help on this.

Other than that 9.04 looks great

kmoz
April 24th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Seeing the exact same issue on an Acer InspireONe - my WPA2 code is being converted to hexadecimal, and endless login attempts ensue. Detecting other networks just fine.

Peter09
April 24th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Your passphrase is always hexadecimal, the alphanumeric phrase that you type in is just for convenience.

The problem is with the driver.

Lokk at this thread for the Aspire One
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1105218

It may be that the MSI WInd is similar

kmoz
April 24th, 2009, 08:43 AM
yep, ty that post is what did it for me, forced it to use athk5 driver.

spydon
April 24th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I got the same problem with eeepc 901, with 9.04.
I didn't have the problem in 8.10 but I might have fixed it there...