January 6th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Welcome aboard! Fasten your seatbelts!

Arktis
January 6th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Who needs a seatbelt? That's only for crashing. :p

Derek Djons
January 6th, 2006, 07:35 PM

LOL... don't start begging for one when we hit a looping ;)

bored2k
January 6th, 2006, 07:38 PM
I don't understand why we need to disrespect people and hard-working entities (Microsoft) just because "we" stopped using it.

Not to player hate, but just so you know, there are communities that would just ignore people who use terms such as "Windowz/Winblowz".

rfruth
January 6th, 2006, 07:42 PM
The nice thing about Windows is it doesn't just crash, it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.

rickyjones
January 6th, 2006, 07:42 PM
I don't understand why we need to disrespect people and hard-working entities (Microsoft) just because "we" stopped using it.

Not to player hate, but just so you know, there are communities that would just ignore people who use terms such as "Windowz/Winblowz".

True.. True...

I'd like to see a *nix forum enact filters to replace "*******" and "m$" with the actual names... unless Bill came to your house and destroyed your office (like in the Simpsons...) Show a little respect to a company that found something their good at. :)

Just my two cents...

-Richard

xequence
January 6th, 2006, 10:15 PM
The nice thing about Windows is it doesn't just crash, it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.

That quote ROCKS MY SOCKS!

So true though... I get an error often saying "EXPLORER.EXE has caused an error, it will now close" and gave me one option. I clicked ok and it gave me a comlpetly blue screen. (Not the blue screen of death, but the blue colour of my desktop).

rfruth
January 6th, 2006, 10:31 PM
I should say that the quote about a windows crash was posted by someone else here and as a former Win XP myself it really struck a cord so I did the ole cut & paste bit :p

Arktis
January 6th, 2006, 11:20 PM
What I especially like about Linux is the ability to ctrl + alt + backspace or ctrl + alt + F1 then with root 'killall gdm', 'gdm' (or whatever yours is, like kdm)... nice ways to keep from having to reboot and also useful to troubleshoot your X. But a total lockup can still happen... and I never said anything about windows. I'm not going to touch that with a ten footer.

PatrickMay16
January 6th, 2006, 11:58 PM
In that case, I'd have done well in Ubuntu with a seatbelt.

Sure, it has only happened about 4 times since I installed it in September 2005, but I'd just like to point out that it's not exactly impossible for Ubuntu to crash.

Malphas
January 7th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Show a little respect to a company that found something their good at. :)
Monopolising the market with unethical business practices? There's plenty of good reasons to dislike Microsoft (and Bill Gates for that matter) but all the same, terms like M$, Microsucks, Winblows - ad infinitum, are tiresome and juvenile. I also suspect that some of people that make sweeping statements renouncing Microsoft forever are often the same as the ones that make threads six months down the line saying something along the lines of "Linux isn't read for the desktop" and how they're going back to Windows. People in general seem to be too attracted to one extreme or the other, rather than thinking for themselves and taking up a balanced opinion.