PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Error 15 file not found.....help

shosherdog
April 23rd, 2009, 03:31 PM
I bought a new system 76 darter waited for a week for it to arrive at my home. When it came i applied the 46 new updates available for it, the system requested a restart, i restarted. When it was rebooting i got an error message telling me "error 15 file not found" i am an absolute beginner. i am running 8.10 and i would really like to fix this as i had the dang thing 20 minutes before this happened.

thank you to all who respond

Tobi-fp
April 23rd, 2009, 03:38 PM
Could you be a little more clearer when you write? I did not understand all of your message.
Anyways, if i were you i would burn a 8.10 or 9.04 cd, then i would run a live session from the cd (which means you can run ubuntu from the cd), then backup all of your files to an ext. harddrive / usb thumb or whatever, and then run an upgrade or do a clean install of ubuntu again, that should fix your problem

steve101101
April 23rd, 2009, 04:06 PM
could you be a little more clearer when you write? I did not understand all of your message.
Anyways, if i were you i would burn a 8.10 or 9.04 cd, then i would run a live session from the cd (which means you can run ubuntu from the cd), then backup all of your files to an ext. Harddrive / usb thumb or whatever, and then run an upgrade or do a clean install of ubuntu again, that should fix your problem

+1