PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Realease Candidate and 9.04 regular upgrade

francesco44
April 23rd, 2009, 02:50 PM
Hello Folks

I have installed the the Jaunty Release Candidate few days ago which works very well in fact. I did ordinary updates the last 3 days.

Can I consider I have the realeased version of Jaunty 9. 04 issued today or should I perform a new installation?

Thanks anyway for that beautiful work, as a user of XP and Mac OSX I can say that my preference goes to ubuntu which is now much better to these know old competitors. Better design, better stability, faster in any case, friendly

HURRAH FOR UBUNTU

SirSigma
April 23rd, 2009, 03:06 PM
I have the same question too. I would appreciate an answer on this as well just to be safe.

howefield
April 23rd, 2009, 03:08 PM
You can consider yourself running the full and beautiful released version of Jaunty 9. 04 issued today.

bardu
April 23rd, 2009, 03:29 PM
Just to be sure.

I have run Jaunty Beta since it was released and did daily updates as available.

Executing the command: lsb_release -a

No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 9.04
Release: 9.04
Codename: jaunty

Is this the final release from today?

Robert Leithe
April 23rd, 2009, 06:15 PM
I installed Jaunty when the first Beta came, and have been running Update Manager semi daily since. After today, can I presume that the final release is installed?

Sincerely
Robert

daboroe
April 23rd, 2009, 06:17 PM
if you do a dist upgrade you should be able to bring it to the final release if you have not done that already.

if you want ext4 you can convert your ext3 to ext4 or you can do a fresh install and when you are at the partitioner you can edit it to make sure it uses ext4.

cariboo
April 23rd, 2009, 06:25 PM
If you were fully up to date as of Tuesday, you already have the final release. Now that the final release is out, there should be several new updates today.