PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] help install in windows(total noob here)

capt_nemo777
April 23rd, 2009, 11:34 AM
Hi, am a total noob, i am using windows vista, and i saw this wu-bi thing on the net, kindly answer my questions briefly. thanks.

1.) If am gonna install that wubi stuff, am I gonna be able to access my development tools like zend studio, dreamweaver installed in windows while in ubuntu enviroment?

2.) After installing that wu-bi, and is let's say already running, is it possible to convert it into a different ubuntu version? like that of ubuntusatanic? , if so, how am i gonna do that in wubi?

3.) any safety precaution regards to that wu-bi thing?

chriskin
April 23rd, 2009, 11:39 AM
Hi, am a total noob, i am using windows vista, and i saw this wu-bi thing on the net, kindly answer my questions briefly. thanks.

1.) If am gonna install that wubi stuff, am I gonna be able to access my development tools like zend studio, dreamweaver installed in windows while in ubuntu enviroment?

2.) After installing that wu-bi, and is let's say already running, is it possible to convert it into a different ubuntu version? like that of ubuntusatanic? , if so, how am i gonna do that in wubi?

3.) any safety precaution regards to that wu-bi thing?

1.)if i know correctly, wu-bi will be installed as a seperate installation, so no. you can however install portable ubuntu, a package that is installed in windows and runs at the same time as windows does as a panel on the top of the desktop
link here (http://www.ubuntugeek.com/portable-ubuntu-ubuntu-system-running-as-a-windows-application.html) if it is of your interest

2.) yes, ubuntusatanic is just a collection of packages that make it look like it does. lame if you ask me :P

3.)there might be safety problems in wubi , virus related. many say there are not, but i prefer to be on the safe side

capt_nemo777
April 23rd, 2009, 12:18 PM
your ubuntu portable looks weird,, I should wait for other peoples opinion in this forum. thanks for your reply dude..its been a while since i joined this forum :lolflag: