PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Initramfs

Qbazic
April 23rd, 2009, 07:30 AM
initramfs
I was wondering if anyone could give me some input on how to set up boot arguments after xubuntu has all ready been installed on a computer that will run off the live cd? works fine running off live cd, but once the boot process starts after the installation it does not recognize the Bios date and prompts me to set enable acpi=force I have very little cmd experience but will/or should be able to handle a walk through or maybe will be able to configure problem my self if pointed in the right direction. I was actually wondering if there is an F-KEY that will halt the boot process and allow me to set "acpi=force" during the boot process.Any help would be greatly appreciated and if I don't get back to you tonight I will respond since I'm getting better at forum skills.

thanks Q

dandnsmith
April 23rd, 2009, 02:17 PM
I haven't tried Xubuntu installation, but with other variants you get, on boot, a grub menu with choices.
If, when the menu appears, you hit the TAB key (select the menu option you wnat first), you drop into a position where you can alter the options This gets the menu line entry which you have selected, and you can both add and delete stuff before running it.