PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone getting updates for the Jaunty RC in advance of the release

sefs
April 23rd, 2009, 01:18 AM
...I have not had any today or yesterday, and cant remember the day before yesterday either. Is it only me? The notification tray icon also I have not seen it since i installed Jaunty. I dont know if i usually go into the update manager too fast for it to appear.

Namtabmai
April 23rd, 2009, 01:24 AM
Well the Jaunty RC came out last Friday and only very essential bug fixes and security updates will be changed between then and the final release ( Friday ). So the lack of updates isn't entirely unexpected.

kernelhaxor
April 23rd, 2009, 01:54 AM
they will not make changes to the product unless fatal bugs emerge .. so its a good sign that you are not getting updates .. it is possible that the final product is the same as the RC

Sealbhach
April 23rd, 2009, 02:07 AM
Yeah same here, got no updates on 22nd. I was expecting a load of last minute updates.

Ichtyandr
April 23rd, 2009, 02:59 AM
still some things should be fixed. the rc page says it has some issues that will be fixed in the final release.
e.g. "When using the ext4 filesystem, accessing large files can trigger a kernel panic and filesystem corruption. The fix for this problem will be included in the final 9.04 release. Users installing from the Ubuntu 9.04 Release Candidate may wish to avoid this problem by using the default ext3 filesystem and converting it to ext4 after release."
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/904overview#Known%20issues

sefs
April 23rd, 2009, 03:03 AM
still some things should be fixed. the rc page says it has some issues that will be fixed in the final release.
e.g. "When using the ext4 filesystem, accessing large files can trigger a kernel panic and filesystem corruption. The fix for this problem will be included in the final 9.04 release. Users installing from the Ubuntu 9.04 Release Candidate may wish to avoid this problem by using the default ext3 filesystem and converting it to ext4 after release."
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/904overview#Known%20issues

There's no mention of fixing pulseaudio in there. Bummer.