PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] NCTUns network simulator install error on ubuntu

blaivzzz
April 22nd, 2009, 10:27 PM
hallo, i`m getting an error when isntalling NCTUns netwrok emulator on my ubuntu 8.10 distro. i know that NCTUns is for fedora, but i found how to compile it. I`m quite new guy in linux and dont know what is wrong. this is the web from where i got all info http://wiki.ehas.org/index.php?title=How_to_install_NCTUns_in_Debian/Ubuntu
an in step Build NCTUns i`m getting an error :

STATE: install new nctuns kernel or upgrade older nctuns kernel
fake_rpm
/bin/cp: unable to check „/boot/System.map-2.6.27.7-nctuns-20090319“: No such file or directory

ERROR: copy System.map failed...

unable to check - is tranlsation from lithuanian language, becuse my distro runs on that language.
i have checked that there for sure is no file name "System.map-2.6.27.7-nctuns-20090319" . how can I get that file? If any body knows where i have done a mistake or had the same problem, please reply.

janfsd
May 4th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Hi, I got past that part without problems. Make sure you modify all files exactly as it is written there. Maybe you made a small mistake.

blaivzzz
May 13th, 2009, 09:13 PM
thanks, problem was with install.conf ;)

blaivzzz
May 14th, 2009, 05:12 PM
ok, I installed all things that were required, everything i can get started (NCTUns GUI; dispatcher; coordinator), but when i try to simulate a network, NCTUns brakes down and turns off. Line in terminal:

Openfile:/home/kesa/NCTUns-5.0/examples/Demo31_GPRS_6_ms/Demo31_GPRS_6_ms.sim/Demo31_GPRS_6_ms.tcl----
Segmentation fault

is it working to you fine? with no errors?

plz reply

janfsd
May 16th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I got problems with the kernel patch, so I gave up and installed it in fedora, I got no problems there.
Have you tried another example?