PDA

View Full Version : Low-res desktopping (320/400)

CharmyBee
April 22nd, 2009, 10:08 PM
The Resolutions panel offers 320x240 and 400x300 as a valid desktop display. What bothers me is why is this there when you can't click the OK button to change back (And have to know the keyboard's TAB key to guestimate where the OK button is, or even the drop-down resolution list)

Did anyone ever seriously use a desktop resolution that low with low-res pixel fonts and everything?:lolflag:
I think a minimum needs to be set for 640x400 in there. Going further down will just get users lost by accident.

Berserker v7
April 22nd, 2009, 10:29 PM
have to know the keyboard's TAB key to guestimate where the OK button is, or even the drop-down resolution list
You can also hold down your alt key (default) and drag the screen around by clicking anywhere on it.

Did anyone ever seriously use a desktop resolution that low with low-res pixel fonts and everything?:lolflag:
Maybe "Once upon a time..." :P

aeiah
April 22nd, 2009, 10:50 PM
ah but what if you're trying to squeeze ubuntu onto a mobile phone hmm? or an ATM machine :p

or if you're wanting to create a MAME box with a low native res.

yea alright. it is pretty useless.

Berserker v7
April 22nd, 2009, 10:53 PM
ah but what if you're trying to squeeze ubuntu onto a mobile phone hmm? or an ATM machine :p

Oh yeah!! i bean downloading such highres wallpapers of late that mobiles n all skipped right through!! :P