PDA

View Full Version : The Official Ubuntu 9.04 Release Countdown Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

mvalviar
April 22nd, 2009, 05:37 PM
As in today 04/23/09? What time could I expect it to be available for download?

bnhrobotics
April 22nd, 2009, 05:40 PM
One more day to go. Today is 4/22/09

steve101101
i think its today @ midnight

Therion
Like good food, it's ready when it's ready.

mvalviar
April 22nd, 2009, 05:47 PM
Sorry I'm bursting with anticipation. Its 46 minutes past 12am 04/23/09 in my area. I wonder which timezone they are referring to. Isle of Man? US time?

mjitkop
April 22nd, 2009, 05:59 PM
I am in the USA on the East coast and from past experience, Ubuntu was available some time during the day of release after noon. That would make it 17:00 (5 PM) in London but I don't think there is a predefined time.

Don't hold your breath for now, there may still be 24 hours to go before it becomes available. Hopefully I am wrong and it will be available earlier.

Therion
April 22nd, 2009, 06:00 PM
Sorry I'm bursting with anticipation. Its 46 minutes past 12am 04/23/09 in my area. I wonder which timezone they are referring to. Isle of Man? US time?
Dude... DL the Daily LiveCD. It's about 99% as fresh as the final release is going to be and you can beat the server "crush" at release. The last Daily Build is dated 20 April and I imagine there was an upload freeze about that time anyway. If you want Jaunty now, get the latest build and install it:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/

Joeb454
April 22nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
It comes when it's ready.

From my past experience, it's come sometime in the afternoon my time (GMT).

I'm content to just wait and see :)

Dougie187
April 22nd, 2009, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I think it has typically been around 9-10am PST.

ibuclaw
April 22nd, 2009, 06:07 PM
i think its today @ midnight
Your midnight or my midnight? ;)

IMO, I'm not going to be installing Ubuntu for a long time to come. I've managed just fine running update-manager -d for the past 4 releases.

Regards
Iain

wolfen69
April 22nd, 2009, 06:08 PM
This is it! Take off your tin foil hats, and put on your party hats! The countdown begins! Let's hear from everyone around the world about the greatest OS on earth. Let's get pumped!

Let's also hear from anyone having a release party, whether it's a party of 2 or 20, and where you're having it.

Here (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JauntyReleaseParties) is a list of known release parties around the world. Show up if you can.

After release, check www.distrowatch.com or www.releases.ubuntu.com for download links.

Also, please use torrents if possible after Jaunty goes final. It will be a faster download anyway.

Attached are a few CD labels for everyone to enjoy. Glabels is a great app to use these. You just need to buy the Avery label making kit from your local office supply store.

Thanks go to SharpieTM for the great work on the labels.

Mehall
April 22nd, 2009, 06:15 PM
What about parties of 1?

I'm stuck at home half the day, then at work 4pm till 8pm.

wolfen69
April 22nd, 2009, 06:17 PM
What about parties of 1?

I'm stuck at home half the day, then at work 4pm till 8pm.

sure, why not. come one, come all. everyone is invited to celebrate.

steve101101
April 22nd, 2009, 06:19 PM
I would just get the release client.

Godly
April 22nd, 2009, 06:23 PM
Patience is a virtue.

Mazza558
April 22nd, 2009, 06:23 PM
You're all late to the party!

I've been running Jaunty since February and it's been nothing but awesome. I upgraded from Intrepid and there's a big improvement in pretty much everything.

The first release I could recommend to anyone - definitely.

Eisenwinter
April 22nd, 2009, 06:25 PM
Except those who don't like APT ;)

wolfen69
April 22nd, 2009, 06:25 PM
You're all late to the party!

I've been running Jaunty since February and it's been nothing but awesome. I upgraded from Intrepid and there's a big improvement in pretty much everything.

welcome to the party, mate. i too have been using it for a while, but the "official" release still gets me excited. i have my jaunty cd labels ready to go.

egalvan
April 22nd, 2009, 06:29 PM
you can beat the server "crush" at release.

Server crush?

Dude, that's what torrents are for...

I used torrent to get 8.10 on release day, and the speed was pegged.

I left it running for a week to give back to the community.

I plan to do the same tomorrow for 9.04.

I even set up a seperate machine just for this.
Yes, I know that this is not needed, but it is fun,
and keeps me from feeling like a leech.

ErnestG

FuturePilot
April 22nd, 2009, 06:30 PM
I've been using Jaunty for about a month now and it's awesome! Time to party!! :guitar:

yaroto98
April 22nd, 2009, 06:34 PM
Anyone know what time it's going to be released? I've read that it'll come out tomorrow, but is it going to be midnight their time(zone), or just randomly sometime tomorrow?

Joeb454
April 22nd, 2009, 06:36 PM
It's released when it's released :)

There's never a set time

FuturePilot
April 22nd, 2009, 06:36 PM
Anyone know what time it's going to be released? I've read that it'll come out tomorrow, but is it going to be midnight their time(zone), or just randomly sometime tomorrow?

There's no planned time. Whenever it's ready.

Edit:
Joeb454 stop sneaking in with your ninja skills :p

heiowge
April 22nd, 2009, 06:56 PM
The last 3 were available to download just after noon GMT on the release day.

I make that anytime after 17 hours and 4 minutes from now....

Not that I'm counting.

Cope57
April 22nd, 2009, 06:59 PM
Like good food, it's ready when it's ready.

Actually they have a set date. April and October of every year.
When it becomes May or November, then you can be concerned.

phantom3113
April 22nd, 2009, 07:02 PM
Personally, I'm probably going to wait to install Jaunty (if at all for now). Intrepid's working fine for me right now, so I'll probably be ordering a cd from Canonical.

Joeb454
April 22nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
wolfen69,

I quite like the images you've put up in the first post ;) I may have to look into lightscribe ;)

test_test_testing
April 22nd, 2009, 07:05 PM
Yay! Party!

Also, will there be official .torrent files be available to download on ubuntu.com? Or do I have to go and find one myself? (I've read a post in these forums about one being hosted on http://torrent.cs.pub.ro/, don't know whether to get that one or to get the official one, if there is one :D)

unoodles
April 22nd, 2009, 07:05 PM
Don't forget to join #ubuntu-release-party on IRC.

Keithhed
April 22nd, 2009, 07:10 PM
I'll also be on the torrent bandwagon and seed seed seed:KS

serfcx
April 22nd, 2009, 07:17 PM
Boys and their toys !

Absorbed
April 22nd, 2009, 07:28 PM
Man. This thread took ages to appear!

scratman
April 22nd, 2009, 07:29 PM
Generally it come online around noon GMT, but as many of us will know, timescales are variable. Was it 7.10 that was released about a week into November? Either way, if you get an iso version of the new release, if you download the torrent file in addition to the iso, you can seed it as soon as the download finishes, and from past experience grabbing the file direct from the website is quicker than downloading the torrent. In addition to that, if you upload the new release, you get a much friendlier share ratio. If you download the iso, and then upload as a torrent, you start with a share ratio of 1.0, and it just rockets up!!

Either way, patience is a virtue, and I trust the Ubuntu guys to release it when it's ready. What's a couple of hours, days, or weeks between friends? I'd rather have a release that they're confident in, than one that was rushed out just because that's when they said it would be ready. Anybody thinking of Vista here?? :P

wolfen69
April 22nd, 2009, 07:31 PM
wolfen69,

I quite like the images you've put up in the first post ;) I may have to look into lightscribe ;)

actually, the lightscribe app for linux is garbage. they only allow for simple text. if you have access to windows however...

caveman59330
April 22nd, 2009, 07:32 PM
I cant wait myself I aready have a partition set and ready but the anticipation is killing me!!

meeples
April 22nd, 2009, 07:32 PM
i want it NOWW!!!

:popcorn:

marco123
April 22nd, 2009, 07:41 PM
i want it NOWW!!!

Download it then.:P - http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/

There haven't been any updates for about 2 days on my 64bit Jaunty install, so it's probably the same as the final release now. It's been up for nearly 5 days as well, so it's stable enough for most users.

Cheers, Marco.

egalvan
April 22nd, 2009, 07:42 PM
and from past experience grabbing the file direct from the website is quicker than downloading the torrent.

My experience was the opposite...
the iso servers were swamped,
and the torrents were, well, torrential!

In addition..., if you upload the new release, you get a much friendlier share ratio. If you download the iso, and then upload as a torrent, you start with a share ratio of 1.0, and it just rockets up!!

Well, for me, it's more about helping out, and giving back.
Not about getting myself a "friendlier share ratio".

As that great author once said...

TANSTAAFL

And I also donate to several software projects
(partedmagic for example)

Either way, patience is a virtue, and I trust the Ubuntu guys to release it when it's ready. What's a couple of hours, days, or weeks between friends? I'd rather have a release that they're confident in, than one that was rushed out just because that's when they said it would be ready. Anybody thinking of Vista here?? :P

Absolutley agree 100% on this.
I would rather have quality, then strict schedules.
Although sliding more than a month can get antsy.

wolfen69
April 22nd, 2009, 07:51 PM
Yay! Party!

Also, will there be official .torrent files be available to download on ubuntu.com? Or do I have to go and find one myself? (I've read a post in these forums about one being hosted on http://torrent.cs.pub.ro/, don't know whether to get that one or to get the official one, if there is one :D)

there will be an official torrent. www.distrowatch.com will have it. or www.releases.ubuntu.com

mxboy15u
April 22nd, 2009, 07:54 PM
So does the party begin at midnight?

mkrahmeh
April 22nd, 2009, 07:55 PM
my eyes are more on the 9.10 :)
what do they call it ?

wolfen69
April 22nd, 2009, 08:08 PM
So does the party begin at midnight?

the party has already started! :popcorn: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

ubuntu27
April 22nd, 2009, 08:16 PM
Those of us in the American Continent should have a good night sleep today. Judging from past experiences (I have been using Ubuntu since Hoary) it is typically available when PDT is 11 PM to 1 AM.
In some releases the iso became available at 3 AM PDT

Maybe We can verify this at the Ubuntuforums Archive (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=325)

So, let us be healthy (have a good sleep) (^_^) and install Ubuntu Jaunty tomorrow. :guitar:

mxboy15u
April 22nd, 2009, 08:19 PM
the party has already started! :popcorn: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

Does it hurt if I am downloading the image I am going to install tonight right now? I am going to get XP off of my Aspire One completely tonight, and I just want to make sure that I am not breaking the rules or messing up download figures.

wolfen69
April 22nd, 2009, 08:23 PM
Does it hurt if I am downloading the image I am going to install tonight right now? I am going to get XP off of my Aspire One completely tonight, and I just want to make sure that I am not breaking the rules or messing up download figures.

you are free to do as you wish, regarding downloading. have fun.

ubuntu27
April 22nd, 2009, 08:26 PM
Yay! Party!

There is always a torrent file.

It is going to be here:

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/904overview

http://noncdn-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/9.04/

Orlsend
April 22nd, 2009, 08:31 PM
The party is on,though there's alot of dead bunnies... If you know what I mean.

hyapadi
April 22nd, 2009, 08:34 PM
can't wait !!

I will upgrade my old laptop with Jaunty... gonna be fun!

Wiebelhaus
April 22nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
Central Texas Computer Repair shop , we are all waiting! very impatiently we can't wait!.

Cheers.

Bart_D
April 22nd, 2009, 08:47 PM
I........can't..........wait..............for ext4..............

okubax
April 22nd, 2009, 08:57 PM
London is waiting......:)

DJonsson2008
April 22nd, 2009, 08:59 PM
I could not wait I downloaded 9.4 Alpha or whatever on a spare machine and am digging it now.

orkinoks
April 22nd, 2009, 09:00 PM
London is waiting......:)

Same here in Turkey.

wolfen69
April 22nd, 2009, 09:04 PM
I........can't..........wait..............for ext4..............

ext4 + 64bit + new kernel = the best OS i have ever used. :guitar:

Mazza558
April 22nd, 2009, 09:47 PM
ext4 + 64bit + new kernel = the best OS i have ever used. :guitar:

I'm considering going this way ... clean install and all.

What are the main issues with 64 bit at the moment?

iamnotthemessiah
April 22nd, 2009, 09:50 PM
no issues with 64 these days, there were some a few years ago. dunno about jaunty but in intrepid the only issue is downloading 64 bit flash manually from adobe and isntalling it...thats what its like for me anyway. dunno if u have special needs

wolfen69
April 22nd, 2009, 09:53 PM
I'm considering going this way ... clean install and all.

What are the main issues with 64 bit at the moment?

there really are no issues anymore. there could be some specialized 32bit software that's not available in 64bit, but even that you can run in 64 with getlibs, or force the install. i will NEVER go back to 32bit. plus, 64bit is inherently more stable than 32. not much, but every little bit counts.

back on topic, let's party!

capnthommo
April 22nd, 2009, 09:55 PM
party on dudes!
been using 9.04 on 64 bit and ext4 for about 2 weeks - it's a-ma-zing.
cheers
nigel

razielgn
April 22nd, 2009, 10:20 PM
Bergamo and its LUG is waiting... :D:D

JakeHinojosa
April 22nd, 2009, 10:31 PM
Don't forget to join #ubuntu-release-party on IRC.

is that even real?

darrenn
April 22nd, 2009, 10:34 PM

People who have intel graphics better run the live cd before they install just to be sure it works properly.

I-75
April 22nd, 2009, 10:53 PM
I'll probably help torrent it for a few days. When Intrepid was released....direct downloads were faster than the torrents...I wonder if it will be the same this time around.

Sashin
April 22nd, 2009, 10:54 PM
Anyone know what time its usually released?

I-75
April 22nd, 2009, 10:59 PM

zero hour GMT

Mister LinOx
April 22nd, 2009, 11:12 PM
I am going to try to torrent it when it's released. I just downloaded 8.10 the other day, so for the next few days while I get used to Intrepid, I'll be helping with the torrents.

speedwell68
April 22nd, 2009, 11:43 PM
I have just started a full backup in readiness. I was just going to upgrade, but have decided to do a fresh install.

ArtF10
April 22nd, 2009, 11:46 PM
People who have intel graphics better run the live cd before they install just to be sure it works properly.

Excuse me!!! Why?

Sealbhach
April 23rd, 2009, 12:03 AM

Nothing on the site yet, might not be up till the morning, UK time, which is 9 hours from now. I'll be torrenting it as well.

cariboo
April 23rd, 2009, 12:19 AM
@ArtF10

Have a look at the release notes (http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/jaunty/beta), under Know Issues.

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 12:21 AM
Excuse me!!! Why?

Users of Intel video chipsets have reported performance regressions in Ubuntu 8.10 compared with previous releases (bug 252094). Many of the issues have been resolved in Ubuntu 9.04, but some remain.

Some users have found improved performance by using the "greedy" migration heuristic. This can be done by running "sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf", and adding Option "MigrationHeuristic" "greedy" to the Device section of your xorg.conf.

Alternatively, a new experimental acceleration architecture option, "DRI2/UXA", is available for Intel graphics users which our testing has found provides significant performance improvements in some cases, but has also shown risk of severe stability problems. You can opt-in to enable this by running "sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf", and adding Option "AccelMethod" "UXA" to the Device section of your xorg.conf. Users wishing to maximize stability should stay with the standard default acceleration method, "EXA".

/!\ In some cases this will lead to the graphical environment not starting at all or becoming entirely unusable. In that case, start into rescue mode or press Ctrl+Alt+F2 and log into the text console, and use sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf to revert the UXA option.

If none of the above helps, some users reported success with using an older driver version.

Display freezes with Intel graphics cards

Users of Intel video chipsets reported that the display freezes a few minutes after resuming from suspend or hibernate (bug 339091), or under other circumstances 359392. In many cases, switching off desktop effects in System → Preferences → Appearance was reported to help.

If it still happens without desktop effects, you can add Option "DRI" "off" to the Device section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf, as described above. This will disable 3D acceleration and desktop effects, but makes suspend work reliably again and also avoid many types of crashes.

now, i must get back to the party.

Pinoy915
April 23rd, 2009, 12:25 AM
I did not want to wait so I installed the RC. Wow, my atheros wireless card worked right out of the box. Sweet and fast for me on my laptop; Compaq c751nr.

0per4t0r
April 23rd, 2009, 12:37 AM
Pre-ordered ubuntu and kubuntu jaunty desktop on shipit already. Going to burn xubuntu 9.04 to cd as soon as it comes out!

Sublime Porte
April 23rd, 2009, 12:39 AM
It should be released according to Kiribati time! Why on earth should we have to wait for the rest of the world to catch up!

It's already well into the 23rd. here and I want my Jackalope

0per4t0r
April 23rd, 2009, 12:43 AM
I like this wallpaper for Jaunty that I found on http://d0od.co.uk/

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_FJH0hYZmVtc/Se9pN9wOVlI/AAAAAAAAB6Q/hnIu3j3OscE/ubuntu%20scrapbook%5B13%5D.png?imgmax=800

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 12:45 AM
Pre-ordered ubuntu and kubuntu jaunty desktop on shipit already. Going to burn xubuntu 9.04 to cd as soon as it comes out!

last time i ordered 1 of each, i was denied the kubuntu disk. oh well.

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 12:47 AM
It's already well into the 23rd. here and I want my Jackalope

but it's only 2am in england. it could be a while.

hotweiss
April 23rd, 2009, 12:55 AM
It will probably be release at 9 or 10 am South African time...

0per4t0r
April 23rd, 2009, 01:01 AM
last time i ordered 1 of each, i was denied the kubuntu disk. oh well.
Hmmm, I just ordered both of them in 8.10 version, and got both. maybe if you use your launchpad account for reporting bugs, solving problems, and for ubuntu brainstorm, they might be a little more inclined to fulfilling your request. Either that, or they ran out of kubuntu cds.

0per4t0r
April 23rd, 2009, 01:02 AM
Wednesday, April 22 2009 08:01 PM

In USA eastern time. Just wait 'til tomorrow!

Sealbhach
April 23rd, 2009, 01:09 AM
It will probably be release at 9 or 10 am South African time...

Canonical are based in London, so it would be around that time, SA is in the same time zone.

zero777zero
April 23rd, 2009, 01:12 AM
i think it was released early last release to ease their servers

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 03:13 AM
party bump!

Deamos
April 23rd, 2009, 03:21 AM
Very excited for the release. I had been playing around with the RC in Fusion and I was really impressed. Ubuntu is really starting to get it's polish. Loving it!

some_random_noob
April 23rd, 2009, 03:36 AM
Check the timezone here: http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=136

Looks like I'll have to get it via torrent tomorrow morning New Zealand time. Hopefully Madwifi will get my Atheros wireless going.

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 03:51 AM
Looks like I'll have to get it via torrent tomorrow morning New Zealand time. Hopefully Madwifi will get my Atheros wireless going.

yeah, torrent all the way. i plan on seeding jaunty until karmic rc comes out. i probably gave back over 130 copies of ibex. plus a bunch of other distros. bittorrent is a beautiful thing.

FuturePilot
April 23rd, 2009, 04:04 AM
yeah, torrent all the way. i plan on seeding jaunty until karmic rc comes out. i probably gave back over 130 copies of ibex. plus a bunch of other distros. bittorrent is a beautiful thing.

I only just removed my Intrepid torrents yesterday. :)

racoq
April 23rd, 2009, 04:04 AM
It's out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http portuguese mirror, of ISTL (academic technical institute of Lisbon) already have the final version.

Check the download links, at the end of the following article.

Peopleware article with Links (english) (http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=pt-PT&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pplware.com%2F2009%2F04%2F23%2F ubuntu-904-lancado%2F&sl=pt&tl=en&history_state0=)

Peopleware article with Links (portuguese) (http://www.pplware.com/2009/04/23/ubuntu-904-lancado/)

Enjoy

FuturePilot
April 23rd, 2009, 04:07 AM

http portuguese mirror, of ISTL (academic technical institute of Lisbon) already have the final version.

Check the download links here,at the end of this article.

Peopleware article with Links (english) (http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=pt-PT&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pplware.com%2F2009%2F04%2F23%2F ubuntu-904-lancado%2F&sl=pt&tl=en&history_state0=)

Peopleware article with Links (portuguese) (http://www.pplware.com/2009/04/23/ubuntu-904-lancado/)

Enjoy

Nothing is official until it's been announced on the mailing list. I wouldn't recommend downloading anything right now as it will hinder the huge syncing process that is probably going on now.

ubuntu27
April 23rd, 2009, 04:08 AM
Yay! Ubuntu 9.04 is going to be released tomorrow!! (Speaking from past experience)

racoq
April 23rd, 2009, 04:11 AM
Nothing is official until it's been announced on the mailing list. I wouldn't recommend downloading anything right now as it will hinder the huge syncing process that is probably going on now.

But that wasnt in the server a few hours ago, i checked (it was the release candidate). I'm almost certain is legitim. The ISTL is a responsable organization.

IT is 4:12AM GMT here in portugal, so maybe it arrived on schedule ;)

Obviously the devs will wait for ubuntu to be available in all the mirrors before anouncing it. Some may already have Ubuntu, search for them :)

cmat
April 23rd, 2009, 04:26 AM
This is the best release of Ubuntu yet. I put the RC on my laptop and was blown away by it.

Wiebelhaus
April 23rd, 2009, 04:33 AM

Enjoy

Thanks mate , good find! Your the man!

Rabindranath
April 23rd, 2009, 04:34 AM
Since it is version 9.04, maybe they'll anounce it at 9:04 AM.:lolflag:
But I cant wait that long..:(

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 04:36 AM
This is the best release of Ubuntu yet.

i agree. this is by far the fastest, most stable release.

elamericano
April 23rd, 2009, 04:49 AM
Download now, check sha1sum later ;-)

19aabf327fdbde9e66db54dc04e3a83b92f70280 *ubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso? We shall see...

nemodot
April 23rd, 2009, 04:52 AM
00:51 here in argentina waiting for the torrent release.

How can I update using the cd?

Mr. Picklesworth
April 23rd, 2009, 04:53 AM
But that wasnt in the server a few hours ago, i checked (it was the release candidate). I'm almost certain is legitim. The ISTL is a responsable organization.

IT is 4:12AM GMT here in portugal, so maybe it arrived on schedule ;)

Obviously the devs will wait for ubuntu to be available in all the mirrors before anouncing it. Some may already have Ubuntu, search for them :)

Indeed, but you have to understand that the mirrors are syncing with each other in a funny way; when piles of people start downloading from them during this process it causes stuff to get off track.
If you want Jaunty, just do an upgrade in update-manager (run update-manager -d) and wait for the mirrors to do their thing if you want the iso (which should be unnecessary since the upgrade process is awesome now). Then use bittorrent for the iso because it is a vastly superior technology for distributing stuff and it would be nice if its use became more widely accepted.

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 04:57 AM
please, for the love of god, use torrents. help give canonical a break. plus you're pretty much guaranteed a perfect image.

Marko723
April 23rd, 2009, 05:00 AM
Then use bittorrent for the iso because it is a vastly superior technology for distributing stuff and it would be nice if its use became more widely accepted.

Is there an official torrent file we can download, or do you just grab it from your favorite torrent source?

FuturePilot
April 23rd, 2009, 05:01 AM
Is there an official torrent file we can download, or do you just grab it from your favorite torrent source?

There will be official torrents on the download page when it is released.

mememe
April 23rd, 2009, 05:02 AM
There will be an official torrent, same as it is now with Hardy/Intrepid.
I cannot wait for the torrent to appear, please release it! :)

EDIT: ouch, too late

Nahid.bd
April 23rd, 2009, 05:02 AM
Hmmm... Seems complex pregnancy. Taking times to be delivered.....

zero777zero
April 23rd, 2009, 05:04 AM
Hmmm... Seems complex pregnancy. Taking times to be delivered.....

waaay too long, 9.04 should have been released on torrents when it was finished

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 05:06 AM
my guess is 9AM London time.

swoll1980
April 23rd, 2009, 05:06 AM

You can't. You can only install from the cd. updates are done via the update manager. just hit alt+F2
update-manager -d now or wait for it to notify you of the distribution upgrade. If your going to update I would do it now though, before the frenzy starts.

mshipman
April 23rd, 2009, 05:11 AM
I'm feeling particularly pumped. Seeders at the ready!

#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include <ubuntu.h>

using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
Ubuntu *myUbuntu = new Ubuntu("9.04");

while(!billIsDefeated)
{
myUbuntu->improve();
cout << "Ubuntu is now " << myUbuntu->getAwesomeness() << " awesome!" << endl;
}

return 0;
}

Mr. Picklesworth
April 23rd, 2009, 05:11 AM
waaay too long, 9.04 should have been released on torrents when it was finished

Yah, the whole mirror process should really use bittorrent itself with a torrent file being the first phase of a release. Silly that it doesn't in this day and age.
Someone should propose that for Karmic.

juancarlospaco
April 23rd, 2009, 05:14 AM
I use Minimal Install CD, its a 10Mb ISO and install Jaunty with all up to date, installer is like the Alternate.
01:00am at Argentina.

4th guy
April 23rd, 2009, 05:19 AM
You can't. You can only install from the cd.
Actually you can.
http://ptcbus.blogspot.com/2008/04/upgrading-from-ubuntu-710-gutsy-gibbon.html

Laibcoms
April 23rd, 2009, 05:20 AM

Download the "Alternate" version.

wenren
April 23rd, 2009, 05:23 AM
I'm feeling particularly pumped. Seeders at the ready!

#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include <ubuntu.h>

using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
Ubuntu *myUbuntu = new Ubuntu("9.04");

while(!billIsDefeated)
{
myUbuntu->improve();
cout << "Ubuntu is now " << myUbuntu->getAwesomeness() << " awesome!" << endl;
}

return 0;
}

:lolflag:
Now, if only we knew the contents of that header file...

I assume release is in 3, 4 hours? I can't wait! I might have to bring my laptop to school tomorrow, to keep up the torrent download/seed. They've got a faster internet connection there than at my house, so I might as well.

wersdaluv
April 23rd, 2009, 05:28 AM
What time in GMT+8? :D

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 05:31 AM
What time in GMT+8? :D

GMT Time Converter (http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter.htm)

nemodot
April 23rd, 2009, 05:34 AM
It's not even april 23th in most parts of USA yet.

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 05:35 AM
if anyone is trying to kill some time, check out The Computer Chronicles (http://www.archive.org/browse.php?field=subject&mediatype=movies&collection=computerchronicles) on archive.org.

Hosted by Stewart Cheifet, Computer Chronicles was the world's most popular television program on personal technology during the height of the personal computer revolution. It was broadcast for twenty years from 1983 - 2002. The program was seen on more than 300 television stations in the United States and in over 100 countries worldwide

it's a great blast from the past. the shows from 1983-86 are classic.

matthanielcm
April 23rd, 2009, 05:38 AM
I should be doing homework right now, but I'm patiently waiting here in EDT (GMT -5). :)

Geochelone
April 23rd, 2009, 05:39 AM
It's April 23 past noon here, 12:38.

Sashin
April 23rd, 2009, 05:41 AM
Here it's already two hours past noon...

ataris_kid
April 23rd, 2009, 05:43 AM
I should be doing homework right now, but I'm patiently waiting here in EDT (GMT -5). :)

I'm doing the same thing in GMT -5.. I've got two exams tomorrow, and I haven't been to class in about two weeks. I have my books on my bed, but I'm just sitting here refreshing mirrors, haha.

matthanielcm
April 23rd, 2009, 05:44 AM
It's only just past midnight here. I think I'd be cool for them to release it midnight GMT. Only so that I could have the final release before the actual "release" date, but no. :(

drawkcab
April 23rd, 2009, 05:44 AM
I can't wait to slap 9.04 on my laptops, but it is looking like it is going to have to wait for tomorrow. :(

Lupi
April 23rd, 2009, 05:47 AM
12:47 AM EST on April 23, Montreal, Canada. Waiting patiently...

nemodot
April 23rd, 2009, 05:47 AM

Yes, me too. I have an organic chemistry exam on monday, but I'm still here pressing F5.

almost 2:00 am here in argentina

matthanielcm
April 23rd, 2009, 05:48 AM
I've got a 64 bit desktop and 32 bit laptop to put it on. I'm especially excited about the improved dual monitor support for laptops. I've had a lot of issues with that in the past, even with Intrepid.

JK3mp
April 23rd, 2009, 05:50 AM
OH YAY! Isn't it exciting :-) !!!!!!!!!!

dr.destrukto
April 23rd, 2009, 05:50 AM
I'm so tired i'm seeing ddoouubbllee, but still awake,still waiting!!!!....

Geochelone
April 23rd, 2009, 05:51 AM
Which one to download first? Desktop or UNR?

I just downloaded Easy Peasy 1.1 and it's very intuitive on my netbook.

utnr6
April 23rd, 2009, 05:53 AM
this is dumb

what websites are yall using to look for this

Keithhed
April 23rd, 2009, 05:53 AM
LOL I have a math test tomorrow and instead of studying I'm here :)

elamericano
April 23rd, 2009, 05:54 AM

Enjoy

Had to settle for an md5sum, but it's confirmed. Thanks a lot!

66fa77789c7b8ff63130e5d5a272d67b ubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso

utnr6
April 23rd, 2009, 05:58 AM
is that site for real? anyone?

matthanielcm
April 23rd, 2009, 06:07 AM
My guess is that they are just RCs, not what we're all waiting for.

griffnmzr
April 23rd, 2009, 06:07 AM
It's out for US Central Time!

Lupi
April 23rd, 2009, 06:08 AM
It's out for US Central Time!

Link?

Geochelone
April 23rd, 2009, 06:09 AM
Should I go for it or wait for the official fireworks?

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 06:14 AM
Had to settle for an md5sum, but it's confirmed. Thanks a lot!

66fa77789c7b8ff63130e5d5a272d67b ubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso

that md5sum came out 3 days ago.

darrenn
April 23rd, 2009, 06:15 AM
No mention on distrowatch yet... What is the time of day where the people releasing it are located? Might give us a better idea of what time it is going to be released.

matthanielcm
April 23rd, 2009, 06:19 AM
Should I go for it or wait for the official fireworks?

I think it would be a bit more satisfying to wait until the official fireworks but do what you want.

hotweiss
April 23rd, 2009, 06:22 AM
No mention on distrowatch yet... What is the time of day where the people releasing it are located? Might give us a better idea of what time it is going to be released.

There's usually a delay with Distrowatch.org, so I would just keep on checking the mirrors.

MikeTheC
April 23rd, 2009, 06:23 AM
Well, when is it supposed to become available, exactly? I mean, I was assuming they'd push it out fairly early on Apr. 23. It's now been April 23rd on the east coast for an hour and twenty-three minutes.

What's the hold up?!?!?!?!?!? :)

DUDE_2000
April 23rd, 2009, 06:23 AM
10:18 GMT -8...
Still waiting for something.
Anything

This is becoming like some form of Space survival journal

10:20, Apr 22:
Still waiting for water from HQ. Ran out yesterday. Johnas went searching at about 4 this afternoon, I haven't seen him since.
etc.

matthanielcm
April 23rd, 2009, 06:24 AM
http://www.releases.ubuntu.com hasn't yet been updated. I'll keep F5-ing it.

elamericano
April 23rd, 2009, 06:24 AM
that md5sum came out 3 days ago.

Perfect. I just got it by md5summing the downloaded image. Time to burn some copies.

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 06:25 AM

canonical is located in london

MikeTheC
April 23rd, 2009, 06:25 AM
10:18 GMT -8...
Still waiting for something.
Anything

This is becoming like some form of Space survival journal

10:20, Apr 22:
Still waiting for water from HQ. Ran out yesterday. Johnas went searching at about 4 this afternoon, I haven't seen him since.
etc.

lol... btw, your avvy rocks, dude!

Any word on when you can do a distro upgrade? That's really what I'm trying to do right now, not necessarily download an ISO.

MikeTheC
April 23rd, 2009, 06:28 AM
canonical is located in london

Not to nitpick (although, what else do we have to do besides just sitting here?) but shouldn't that read, "Canonical are located in London" owing to the British English applicability?

DUDE_2000
April 23rd, 2009, 06:29 AM
Thanks, I assume you'd see it as soon as the repositories were updated.

nemodot
April 23rd, 2009, 06:30 AM
I've been trough this at least 3 times in the past.

Usually I fell asleep on my keyboard at 5am with no release.

lethalfang
April 23rd, 2009, 06:30 AM
Not to nitpick (although, what else do we have to do besides just sitting here?) but shouldn't that read, "Canonical are located in London" owing to the British English applicability?

Why? Isn't "Canonical" considered a proper noun here?

Keithhed
April 23rd, 2009, 06:31 AM
why is 2 the oddest prime #? lol. I just got it as I am typing. Good one!

jersoncito
April 23rd, 2009, 06:33 AM
Good bye Hardy. You are so rock solid but... I need something fresh. Good bye, dear...I will always remember you. :(

hotweiss
April 23rd, 2009, 06:33 AM
Getting sleepy, must fight it so that I can download...

bonfire89
April 23rd, 2009, 06:34 AM
I wasn't going to wait up... but, then I was too excited to sleep,

where is it already! I want to start the torrent, and then hopefully sleep.

nemodot
April 23rd, 2009, 06:34 AM
I'm taking on my Wade's Organic Chemistry to make this waiting more productive.

juancarlospaco
April 23rd, 2009, 06:37 AM
I'm taking on my Wade's Organic Chemistry to make this waiting more productive.

Quimica Organica a las 2:35am jejeje... yo tomando mate...
:)

matthanielcm
I'm currently doing my online management quiz due friday to pass the time. \\:D/

hotweiss
I wasn't going to wait up... but, then I was too excited to sleep,

where is it already! I want to start the torrent, and then hopefully sleep.

Same here, hahahaha

By now, I can't fight it any more. Will download tomorrow morning.

nemodot
April 23rd, 2009, 06:39 AM
Quimica Organica a las 2:35am jejeje... yo tomando mate...
:)

Sep. Yo tomo café en cambio. Pero rindo el lunes y me tengo que poner a estudiarrr, jaja.

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 06:40 AM
Good bye Hardy. You are so rock solid but... I need something fresh. Good bye, dear...I will always remember you. :(

you won't regret leaving it behind.

juancarlospaco
April 23rd, 2009, 06:44 AM

Still alive on Servers, because is LTS, long life Hardy :P

Final is here : http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/

Lupi
April 23rd, 2009, 06:44 AM
I'm drinking some fruit juice (Strawberry + Banana to be more precise) with a straw.

DUDE_2000
April 23rd, 2009, 06:47 AM
I'm drinking some fruit juice (Strawberry + Banana to be more precise) with a straw.

I might have to get the kettle on if I am to keep up.

moomooranch
April 23rd, 2009, 06:48 AM
Kubuntu user here. Just saying hi :)

Lupi
April 23rd, 2009, 06:50 AM
"Jaunty, Jaunty, wherefore art thou,Jaunty?"

Are we going insane?

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 06:53 AM
Are we going insane?

i've always been.

Sorivenul
April 23rd, 2009, 06:54 AM
No local parties where I'm at, but I figure I'd chime in here at the Forums. I've been running Jaunty since Alpha 5 and have had nothing but good luck. Truly a great release.

hdhiman
April 23rd, 2009, 06:57 AM
1:55 pm here in Singapore....no news yet...can't-wait-anymore....need-jaunty....[-o<

Ravernomina
April 23rd, 2009, 06:58 AM
AT my house gaint sleep over,we all have are laptops and my 1gb wireless ready to go, hocked up to my t3 line :D

matthanielcm
April 23rd, 2009, 06:59 AM
My guess is that they'll release it midnight Samoa time. Lol.

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 06:59 AM
here's a decent wallpaper that kind of looks like the jaunty login screen.

juancarlospaco
April 23rd, 2009, 07:02 AM
* Windows will always be expensive Paid, including enterprise releases and security updates.
* Windows comes with full commercial support from Microsoft if you Pay.
* Windows includes the very best translations but null accessibility infrastructure.
* Windows CDs contain only Paid/Trial software applications; they encourage you to use Paid and Closed source Propietary software, Don't improve it and Don't pass it on.

:lolflag:

DUDE_2000
April 23rd, 2009, 07:05 AM
That is a rather nice wallpaper, my only complaint is that the shadows are too opaque (they look like another solid symbol directly below the real one, which messes with the lighting).

wenren
April 23rd, 2009, 07:08 AM
My guess is only one hour to go. :popcorn:

linbetwin
April 23rd, 2009, 07:08 AM
I'm glad to see Jaunty works so well for all of you. I haven't used Ubuntu on a daily basis for a long time and I have two questions: How does it work with ATI Radeon 4870? Which drivers are better?

P.S.: I missed this wonderful forum!

nemodot
April 23rd, 2009, 07:11 AM
AT my house gaint sleep over,we all have are laptops and my 1gb wireless ready to go, hocked up to my t3 line :D

That's way too nerd.

Ravernomina
April 23rd, 2009, 07:12 AM
jealous yes :)

OutOfReach
April 23rd, 2009, 07:12 AM
I haven't tried Jaunty yet but from what I've heard it is very good. Hopefully it won't disappoint me :)

Lupi
April 23rd, 2009, 07:17 AM
That's way too nerd.

Not if they're all girls and are perhaps waiting for Jaunty while having a pillow fight.

ricardisimo
April 23rd, 2009, 07:17 AM
If you are all really, truly, transcendentally bored, you can refresh the UbuntuForums home page every few minutes and watch the "Currently Active Users" number grow steadily upwards as the night turns inexorably to morning.

JK3mp
April 23rd, 2009, 07:19 AM
I haven't tried Jaunty yet but from what I've heard it is very good. Hopefully it won't disappoint me :)

Oh i back that in mine too. Heard such great hype would hate to be dissapointed...but i havn't heard really 1 bad thing about it so seems doubtful of major problems at least. Rev's my excitement up more. but its 1:18am where i am and got school tommorow. Man bachelor programs suck ! :-(

matthanielcm
April 23rd, 2009, 07:23 AM
Oh i back that in mine too. Heard such great hype would hate to be dissapointed...but i havn't heard really 1 bad thing about it so seems doubtful of major problems at least. Rev's my excitement up more. but its 1:18am where i am and got school tommorow. Man bachelor programs suck ! :-(

Try a double bachelors program. That's rough. Though I don't have class until 11 AM tomorrow.

ricardisimo
April 23rd, 2009, 07:23 AM

I've toyed with the Beta, and Jaunty looks nothing short of fantastic thus far, at least with my machines and for my needs. I only hope they've finally worked out that whole PulseAudio fiasco.

AdamShumpisxXx
April 23rd, 2009, 07:26 AM
Um...what's this?

http://darkstar.ist.utl.pt/ubuntu/releases/

Is this the full official version and not just the newest RC?!?!

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 07:27 AM

there will always be a few people that will say: "it is the worst release ever. i'm going back to the previous version".

hotweiss
April 23rd, 2009, 07:28 AM
Um...what's this?

http://darkstar.ist.utl.pt/ubuntu/releases/

Is this the full official version and not just the newest RC?!?!

They don't have the RC badge, but the dates are also incorrect.

nemodot
April 23rd, 2009, 07:30 AM
If you are all really, truly, transcendentally bored, you can refresh the UbuntuForums home page every few minutes and watch the "Currently Active Users" number grow steadily upwards as the night turns inexorably to morning.

Holy sh*t,
Currently Active Users: 8191 (646 members and 7298 guests and 247 Spiders)

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 07:31 AM
all i know is that i'm not downloading anything until the official torrent is released. i plan on seeding for months, and want the right one.

PCTux
April 23rd, 2009, 07:32 AM

Do they updated all mirrors today?

AdamShumpisxXx
April 23rd, 2009, 07:32 AM

Truth. Confirmed in another thread as RCs. DAMN! Hahaha...

hotweiss
April 23rd, 2009, 07:33 AM

Actually I'm downloading from your site, because the Hardy dates are also two days early. This could be the actual release.

EDIT: oh no, it's the RC?

kingkalag
April 23rd, 2009, 07:38 AM
yeah baby... .. . Go Flames Go

ricardisimo
April 23rd, 2009, 07:40 AM
Wow... the number of active users is really shooting up now, which leads me to believe that midnight my time (West coast USA) is the witching hour.

AdamShumpisxXx
April 23rd, 2009, 07:41 AM
Wow... the number of active users is really shooting up now, which leads me to believe that midnight my time (West coast USA) is the witching hour.

Could be man. It sure as hell wasn't Eastern. It's 2:41 AM right now in New York! I was waiting like such a geek too. Hahaha!

bonfire89
April 23rd, 2009, 07:41 AM
freakin' continuing commitment syndrome

"I've already stayed up this long, what's another x mins"

x mins comes along.

"well.. I have already waiting all this time, and x mins, how about just another x mins"

x mins goes by

"okay, just x more mins"

another x mins

"well, if I quit now, all x+x+x...+x mins will have been wasted, just x more minutes"

linbetwin
April 23rd, 2009, 07:43 AM
The number of active users will reach it's peak sometime in the next 24 hours. We'll probably break the 35,611 record. It happens after every release.

ingvildr
April 23rd, 2009, 07:43 AM
Actually I'm downloading from your site, because the Hardy dates are also two days early. This could be the actual release.

EDIT: oh no, it's the RC?

I'm pretty sure thats the final release, since they usually use a 2 day frozen daily. I'm using the current daily now in the thought that its the final release and it has the same date and time as that mirror.

DUDE_2000
April 23rd, 2009, 07:46 AM
If 12:00 GMT -8 is the witching hour, then it's only 14 minutes away!

AdamShumpisxXx
April 23rd, 2009, 07:48 AM
Active users at 8.6K right now. It's definitely climbing.

I don't think that link leads the technical full release. It's an RC fully updated up until 3 days ago. Things may have happened. All I know is Firefox is updating from jaunty-updates and I'm on Intrepid so...gotta' be soon!

wenren
April 23rd, 2009, 07:52 AM
10 Minutes! (I hope) May there be Ubuntu for all! Prepare to download and seed!

calvinps
April 23rd, 2009, 07:54 AM

I don't think that link leads the technical full release. It's an RC fully updated up until 3 days ago. Things may have happened. All I know is Firefox is updating from jaunty-updates and I'm on Intrepid so...gotta' be soon!

o.0

Jamalen
April 23rd, 2009, 07:56 AM
Ergh, I just got here... I was tempted to stay up last night and download 9.04 at midnight.... glad I didn't do THAT now...

Looking forward to sticking jaunty on my atom netbook..

AdamShumpisxXx
April 23rd, 2009, 07:58 AM
Ergh, I just got here... I was tempted to stay up last night and download 9.04 at midnight.... glad I didn't do THAT now...

Looking forward to sticking jaunty on my atom netbook..

Well then. Welcome to the party!

And good luck with that!

:guitar:

ingvildr
April 23rd, 2009, 08:00 AM

If the timestamps are the same i call win :)

WhiskyChris
April 23rd, 2009, 08:01 AM
In work at the moment, lining up to download the torrent file. Unfortunately downloading from the torrent is blocked (or I've not managed to make it work :( ) so will have to wait for a few hours yet even if it comes out now!

DUDE_2000
12:01? Any news?

ricardisimo
The number of active users will reach it's peak sometime in the next 24 hours. We'll probably break the 35,611 record. It happens after every release.

The only problem with your theory is that the current record - the 35,611 that you mention - was on March 3rd... nowhere near a release date.

Geochelone
April 23rd, 2009, 08:03 AM
Midnight GMT -8 is 4PM GMT +8. My clock just chimed three times 5 minutes ago.

bonfire89
April 23rd, 2009, 08:04 AM
Lets hope it's not Hawaii time

wenren
Weird...I was looking at the Ubuntu release page, and I got rerouted to the Umeĺ server... This page is particularly strange:

http://noncdn-releases.ubuntu.com/conspiracy/

I can't find the Ubuntu release :(

Is it not out yet?

matthanielcm
It won't come out until Samoa time (GMT -11, i think). Just watch, lol.

ricardisimo
April 23rd, 2009, 08:06 AM
The only change I can see is that the Ubuntu.com countdown banner now says "Coming Soon" rather than "1 Day Away".

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 08:07 AM
50 people just left! oh no!

DUDE_2000
April 23rd, 2009, 08:10 AM
50 people just left! oh no!
D:
How terrible!

I think we should start singing at this point.

matthanielcm
April 23rd, 2009, 08:11 AM
I'm moving to my laptop on my bed, hopefully I don't fall asleep.

Keithhed
April 23rd, 2009, 08:12 AM
Im sleepy.. 2.15 local time. in the A.M.

wenren
April 23rd, 2009, 08:13 AM
I think we should start singing at this point.

No... we must start a revolt! :P
We must overrun the Canonical computers, and upload the files ourselves!

cyboc
April 23rd, 2009, 08:13 AM
I...want...it...now!

Keithhed
April 23rd, 2009, 08:14 AM
why were there 35k users on back then? was there some special event?

AdamShumpisxXx
April 23rd, 2009, 08:14 AM
So...when is midnight from where the majority are from? It's 3:13 here in NY.

go2dell
April 23rd, 2009, 08:15 AM
I'm moving to my laptop on my bed, hopefully I don't fall asleep.

The first cup of Ubuntu is the most potent. You won't fall asleep. :)

For the record, the timestamp on the October 30 Server CD is October 28 at 13:25. I don't have a standard Ubuntu CD handy to check if it's earlier or later than that.

Everybody enjoy the party!

bonfire89
yeah, I'm eastern timezone too. I'm going to bed soon. I was hoping to leave the torrent running

PalStall
Palestine is waiting .. ! :)
where is it guys its Apr 23, 10:15 AM here :D !
i've been waiting since midnight .. come on !

speedwell68
April 23rd, 2009, 08:16 AM
The only change I can see is that the Ubuntu.com countdown banner now says "Coming Soon" rather than "1 Day Away".

At this rate it will start counting down to 9.10 soon.:D

PiTXI
April 23rd, 2009, 08:17 AM
Spain 9:17am April 23 :) ..waiting..

jaysonhoogy
April 23rd, 2009, 08:19 AM
7:19 pm NZ here

sanchdaniel
April 23rd, 2009, 08:20 AM
It's 12:20 here in California, COME ON!! California has -8 Time zone.

bonfire89
April 23rd, 2009, 08:21 AM
At this rate it will start counting down to 9.10 soon.:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornwall
you live in a pretty cool looking place!

speedwell68
April 23rd, 2009, 08:21 AM
There is probably someone sat in the Canonical offices thinking "I'm sure there was something I was meant to do today...":D

jemlinus
April 23rd, 2009, 08:22 AM
I think my F5 key is going to fall a part very soon.

x735zero
April 23rd, 2009, 08:23 AM
I think my F5 key is going to fall a part very soon.
Bet mine's gonna fail sooner

nemodot
April 23rd, 2009, 08:24 AM
I'm falling asleep on my keyboard, it's 4:22 am here in ARG.
Play a really loud noise to wake me up at release.

Rabindranath
April 23rd, 2009, 08:26 AM
I am using the "reload every" firefox addon. :)

No F5 problems for me...:KS

wenren
Give us Ubuntu, SNABBT!!!!

After being up this late, I will not do well in school tomorrow. Luckily, it is only a light day...

AdamShumpisxXx
There is probably someone sat in the Canonical offices thinking "I'm sure there was something I was meant to do today...":D

Haha! Now we just need someone to go hit the ****** in the head with a broom and wake him up!

Quick question though...anyone going the Xubuntu route with 9.04? I have a pretty sick gaming rig I built myself that I upgrade from time to time and I was wondering if it was worth it. If not then...Kubuntu? Linus Torvald said KDE was a disaster though. Just trying to weigh my options but I should say that I do love GNOME. I just wanna' know what's up.

Lemme' know! Thank you in advance!

ricardisimo
April 23rd, 2009, 08:27 AM
I'm going to start the rumor now, mostly just out of boredom and delirium, that they are waiting to release once UbuntuForums reaches 9.4k active users. I'll look like such a genius if by coincidence it comes to pass.

sanchdaniel

:lolflag: so true

linbetwin
Did you know you can legally hunt jackalopes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackalope#Humor) in Douglas, Wyoming, only on June 31st? Hahahaha!

AdamShumpisxXx
April 23rd, 2009, 08:28 AM
Did you know you can legally hunt jackalopes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackalope#Humor) in Douglas, Wyoming, only on June 31st? Hahahaha!

Definitely amazing considering they don't exist! Hahaha!

nanbanjin
I'm falling asleep on my keyboard, it's 4:22 am here in ARG.
Play a really loud noise to wake me up at release.

Try falling asleep with your nose pressing F5 :D
It's past 4 am in Brazil. Damn, and I promised myself to never do it again ](*,)

openware
on update-manager -d
it gave me upgrade to 9.04 option ??

speedwell68
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornwall
you live in a pretty cool looking place!

It's ok.:D

x735zero
April 23rd, 2009, 08:29 AM
OH THE PRESSURE!!!! AUUUUURGH!!! I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!

GIVE ME 9.04 NOW! *prepares a noose*

speedwell68
April 23rd, 2009, 08:30 AM
on update-manager -d

Yeah but I have 3 PCs to do and don't want to waste the bandwidth downloading it 3 times.:D

nick666
April 23rd, 2009, 08:30 AM
on update-manager -d

confirmed!!

wolfen69
April 23rd, 2009, 08:31 AM
it's 3:30am here, see ya!

bonfire89
April 23rd, 2009, 08:31 AM
on update-manager -d

yep, looks like I can update.. but I'm looking to do a fresh install

steeleyuk
April 23rd, 2009, 08:32 AM
yep, looks like I can update.. but I'm looking to do a fresh install

Same. I've got too much crap on my machine that needs clearing out.

cyboc
April 23rd, 2009, 08:34 AM
Oh baby I'm gonna explode!

adimania
Can somebody call canonical guys and remind them that there is a certain work that they are suppose to do today. I have an exam tomorrow, if they are late then I'll fail for sure.:lolflag:

wenren
I am using the "reload every" firefox addon. :)

No F5 problems for me...:KS

Thanks, this is very helpful add-on.

Yeah, I'm going with a fresh install too, mainly to clear up some partitioning troubles between this, Fedora, and Windows.