PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gnome maximise window size

celticbhoy
April 22nd, 2009, 04:47 PM
How do I change the window size for a miximised window ???

What I mean is if I press the maximise button on a window how can I set the size it goes to.

celticbhoy
April 22nd, 2009, 07:28 PM
I have attached a screenshot to show why this is a problem for me, the firefox window shown has been maximised, but stop's short of covering the lower part of the screen. I think this happened after I installed AWN, but I aint 100% on that. I had a look in gconf but nothing obvious jumped out at me. I use Compiz & Emerald in case that makes a difference.

Any ideas ............
:confused:

celticbhoy
April 22nd, 2009, 07:33 PM
Oops forgot screenshot....
:redface:

celticbhoy
April 24th, 2009, 09:05 AM
OK I have discovered the cause of the problem, AWN. For some reason gnome see's the max area size as the top of AWN when it is on screen so I dont get the use of the bottom of the screen. I just need to know how to fix it. Is there a setting in AWN maybee???

MaskedMarauder
April 28th, 2009, 07:15 PM
You get the same thing with kde. Its bloody annoying. I get notification windows the size of a house with two teeny lines of text!

FOUND IT!

There's a package called 'devilspy' which lurks in the background and kidnaps any new window and processes it. Apparently maximize is its default behaviour. I removed the package and everything's fine now.