PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Possible to upgrade from CD?

linuxpimp
April 22nd, 2009, 04:04 PM
Hello all

Is it possible to upgrade using the install CD and not apt-get?

I recall attempting this awhile back and the installer wanted to format my HD including /home.

On another note, i have just upgraded to Intrepid (Dapper >> Endgy >> Feisty >> Gutsy >> Hardy >> Intrepid) and now when i check for updates it wants to "upgrade" to Gutsy????

Thanks

L

niqmk
April 22nd, 2009, 04:13 PM
download repository cd.
Still if you want to install it, you must use apt-get install

StuartN
April 22nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
download repository cd.

Is it possible to create a CD from which you can update several machines? Can you apt-get install off the CD rather than downloading again?

linuxpimp
April 22nd, 2009, 05:34 PM
download repository cd.

Gotcha, thank you.

Any idea about the upgrade downgrade?

L

slakkie
April 22nd, 2009, 05:42 PM
Hello all

Is it possible to upgrade using the install CD and not apt-get?

I recall attempting this awhile back and the installer wanted to format my HD including /home.

On another note, i have just upgraded to Intrepid (Dapper >> Endgy >> Feisty >> Gutsy >> Hardy >> Intrepid) and now when i check for updates it wants to "upgrade" to Gutsy????

Thanks

L

I guess you did something wrong, it is not supposed to "downgrade" when you want to upgrade. Ps. My sig has a link on how to do the upgrade that you performed, you can check and see if you did the same...

BTW, upgrading from a CD is possible, see: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IntrepidUpgrades#Upgrading%20Using%20the%20Alterna te%20CD/DVD