PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] unable to install 8.10 thru uwbi

vengat_nathan
April 22nd, 2009, 06:28 AM
Hi i downloaded kubuntu 8.10 amd 64 version from ubuntu site. i placed it in the same directory in which i had wubi, the installation begins by copying my iso file to the new drive, but it checks for checksum and then starts downloading from ubuntu site from scratch. does this mean that my iso file is corrupted? or is there any procedure that i am missing

lisati
April 22nd, 2009, 06:33 AM
You might find it easier to burn the ISO file to CD (see here (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHow) for more information) and then insert the CD with Windows running.

Partyboi2
April 22nd, 2009, 06:36 AM
Hi i downloaded kubuntu 8.10 amd 64 version from ubuntu site. i placed it in the same directory in which i had wubi, the installation begins by copying my iso file to the new drive, but it checks for checksum and then starts downloading from ubuntu site from scratch. does this mean that my iso file is corrupted? or is there any procedure that i am missing
You should only need to copy the wubi.exe and the iso to the same folder and run wubi.exe, have you tried unplugging from the Internet before running the wubi.exe?

vengat_nathan
April 22nd, 2009, 09:48 AM
ya i can do that way also, but should i create a new partition for ubuntu? and can i acces windows partitions thru it? basically i want to acces all of my windows files thru it, im new to linux.

vengat_nathan
April 22nd, 2009, 10:06 AM
Hi i tried installing without internet, it goes thru setup initially, when i restart the machine i get a error message stating a missing file. VMLINUZ. i am not able to proceed further with any options stated there

vengat_nathan
April 22nd, 2009, 10:09 AM
I also tried running it as a virtual os using sun virtual box, i get an error that it has detected a 686 type processor in my machine and asks me to install a suitable kernel. i have intel core2duo 5750 processor, i read in forums that the kernel type needed for this processor is an amd64 kernel and so i took it. is it wrong? pl guide

vengat_nathan
April 22nd, 2009, 11:36 AM
but i use a 32 bit windows vista, could this be the reason for the conflict?

vengat_nathan
April 23rd, 2009, 06:34 AM
please help guys