PDA

View Full Version : About Eschizophrenia And Me

Isilion
April 22nd, 2009, 01:57 AM
hi. this is a personal history. i feel the need of talk of this with someone, the more the merrier. perhaps one of you are in a situation simmilar to mine, or knows someone who does, or have even heard about Eschizofrenia. people who have the illness, like me, often need someone to lend at hand to him. i've noticed that linux users feel the need of help any other user who need help. i wonder if you can help me with this too, since it's not any kind of problem related to computers, it's a problem with my life.

i will try to tell you all the things i remember that happened to me, to take me to this point. the best way to get ill of Eschizophrenia, as i found at google, is being genetically vulnerable and suffering a long period of stress and/or depresions. the chances grew if you take drugs. both of my parents have been on treatment for depresions.. and as a lot of teens these days i consumed alcohol and other drugs in the pasted years.

the most significative things happened were:

-at 7 my parents divorced, and father went to another city and created another family. i still having contact with my bloodbrother.
-at 10 my father died. it drowned me to a child depression.
-at 12 i changed to highschool and was the target of lots of bullys
-at 13 i started drinking alcohol at weekends. in that year i started to smoke, not only tobacco.
-at 14-15 i had an acne problem, and i started taking Roakutan (i can't believe that can be sold in a pharmacy as a medicament. see the prospect)
-at 16 most days i arrived drunk at home, even when it weren't weekend.
-at 17 i met my first girlfriend.
-at 18 i started trying harder drugs.
-at 19 my girlfriend and i cut. i feel so depressed that i tryed to commite suicide. i woke up in hospital and there the medics diagnosticated me as Eschizophrenic.

it have passed 4 years from that. i have not been able to complete a whole academic year since that. at 19 i was universitary, but last two years i had to choose an easyer career, oriented to proffesional formation. i have not been able to get a job to last more than 3 months. and i have lost many friends, since esquiz people tends to aislament and to not know how to handle correctly their friends.

today i went to my psichiatrist. he noted me down and told me to start again a treatment with antidepresives. i don't like them, i don't feel "human" taking them :S

secondaryes effects of fluoxetine (prozac) are anxiety, insomnium, euphoria, tremors or headaches. i took em before. plus, i don't feel free with a treatment. most "medicines" have worst secondary effects that the illness properly. until the moment i have consumed daily, these medicaments (names are spanish ones):

zyprexa (neuroleptic)
haloperidol (neuroleptic)
prozac (antidepresive)
solian (neuroleptic)
metalorazepan (think hard neuroleptic)
myolastan (it's not for schizo's, but have sedative secondaries effects)
cymbalta (antidepresive)
akineton (for tremors)
lorazepam (for anxiety)
aspirines (for headaches)

i really doubt that any of that had enhanced my life quality. i have desarrollated tolerance to some of them, and i need to take double dosis of prozac than a normal person need.

at this moment i have various problems, like no job, no superior studies, no money, no hope, even no will to come out of my room. it's said that any problems makes patent and resoluble if many eyes are looking at it. so i ask you to tell me what can i do to have a better live.

Thanks

lisati
April 22nd, 2009, 02:04 AM
Welcome to the world of Ubuntu Linux

We probably can't offer much in the way of medical advice here (this is a technical forum relating to computers) but we can possibly lend a friendly ear.....

This is just a suggestion: most of the people I've met who have problems such as schizophrenia to cope with are quite intelligent. Perhaps learning about Ubuntu Linux will help give you something to do while contemplating what to do with your life. You might even find that you'll enjoy using it and helping others find their way around. It could even provide you with skills that help you get a job.

Don't give up, and all the best!

Sealbhach
April 22nd, 2009, 02:19 AM
Being part of the Ubuntu community will be something positive in your life. Also, try a 12 step program. With your family history I think perhaps a 12 step program would be really good for you. Best of luck.

Isilion
April 22nd, 2009, 02:34 AM
Welcome to the world of Ubuntu Linux

We probably can't offer much in the way of medical advice here (this is a technical forum relating to computers) but we can possibly lend a friendly ear.....

This is just a suggestion: most of the people I've met who have problems such as schizophrenia to cope with are quite intelligent. Perhaps learning about Ubuntu Linux will help give you something to do while contemplating what to do with your life. You might even find that you'll enjoy using it and helping others find their way around. It could even provide you with skills that help you get a job.

Don't give up, and all the best!

thanks, but im not new in the linux community. i have been using it since kde appeared. im in ubuntu community since 7.04 i believe. and i am trying to do my owns in the world of freesoftware, you can look for a thread called "My own distro" in this forum.
i choosed the communitty cafe forum as it belongs to the biggest community i know and nothing prohibites me talking of it. i dont look for medical advice, just want to tell how i become eschizo and to see ifanyone could give me some tips. perhaps a inspiring lecture, a good habit, anything that would make a person a better person, or pull me out of the state of living-but-unhappy i found.
i love linux, it makes me free. but there are so many things that remind me that im not free and i won't be free ever. im chained to my illness, to the treatment, to the medics, ... :(

perhaps my psichiatrist is right and i'm just depressed now. but actually what i'm am is exhaust. tired.

Isilion
April 22nd, 2009, 02:35 AM
Being part of the Ubuntu community will be something positive in your life. Also, try a 12 step program. With your family history I think perhaps a 12 step program would be really good for you. Best of luck.

could you explain me whats a 12 step program?

wingnux
April 22nd, 2009, 02:38 AM
I know how you feel, I'm a diagnosed bipolar type-II (when you have more depressive cycles than maniac ones), I can't finish my psichology graduation, can't get a job and neither live like a "common" person. I'm often depressed or way too happy (drinking and spending a lot!), most of the time I feel I can't move forweard =/ I've never tried suicide but I think about it a lot BUT, and that's a big but! There's a way...

THERAPY! Yeah, I know you're not very fond of it but I feel so much better when I'm under therapy! The treatment for my case is psychotherapy and medical treatmen, if I follow them by the rules I feel a huge boost on my life! I can study, work, date and have a normal life like everybody else. Yeah, I know it's hard to keep up, sometimes you feel like the pain's gonna last forever but when you're under a serious treatment, everything can change for the better.

Please, try to go to therapy (psychotherapy+medicines) and try to keep it up! The hardest part is when you feel you're "cured" and can drop all the hard work that made you feel better. There's no cure for schizophrenia nor bipolar disorder so we have to try beeing "stable" for the rest of our lives.

Take care! ;)

PS.: Do you practice any sports or phisical activities? They're of great help in our cases ;)

Isilion
April 22nd, 2009, 02:47 AM
buff ... i found it at google. have you seen a film called "A Scanner Darkly"? (Una mirada en la oscuridad)

i cant agree with the therms of AA-like associations. i don't need it, i know when im addicted to something and i have left some addictions by my own. in example it has passed a whole year, in what i havent tryed alcohol by my own decission.

simply i cant understood the difference between "drugs" and DRUGS. i'm addict, in some way, to neuroleptics. must i explain why?;)

Isilion
April 22nd, 2009, 02:59 AM
i dunno if what i'm receiving from spanish public sanity it's what your saying. monthly i go to a public psichiatrach, who watch for nothing goes wrong 30-45 mins per session. plus im in medichal treatment but there's no medicine for sadness. he once told me to do social therapy, but i didn't agree, because i did once after being diagnosticated and it was a complete waste of time. we only did artwork, pottery, paintings etc. i think that it belongs to the past.

my sweetest friend is a 27 year old bipo, dunno type.i feel comfortable with you :) i do sport only eventually, but i love to take walks with Yuri, my dog. i adopted him last time i was depressed and it was very helpful

lovinglinux
April 22nd, 2009, 03:21 AM
I wish you get well soon

lovinglinux
April 22nd, 2009, 03:31 AM
I didn't see the movie, but it is currently broadcasting on HBO here, so I might check it out.

Isilion
April 22nd, 2009, 03:54 AM
the way you said sound like the doctor convinced you were ill o.Ô

i was studing application develpment the last two years. but i don't feel great studing that, because it's oriented to databases, and it's very light. it only teaches me ansi c, i found it old. i would like to study C++ and program OO, things like games, tools, internet tools, etc.

i think that's one of the things why i'm unhappy. perhaps anyone knows where i can find a good free online learning (with titulation if even that exists LOL)?

i see my friends dayly. they encourages himselves to take me out of my chamber...:lolflag:but i miss having a girlfriend. i had other relationships after the mentioned above, but no one ended well.

3rdalbum
April 22nd, 2009, 04:09 AM
Good luck with getting this sorted out. As far as not feeling right when you're on antidepressents, this is very common. Other than this I don't really have anything to say.

lovinglinux
April 22nd, 2009, 04:09 AM
EDIT: Never mind.

Isilion
April 22nd, 2009, 04:21 AM
Good luck with getting this sorted out. As far as not feeling right when you're on antidepressents, this is very common. Other than this I don't really have anything to say.

i must take neuroleptics for the rest of my life as base treatment, + other medicines, + other medicines to fight the other medicines secondary effects...

mc4100
April 22nd, 2009, 04:28 AM
Isilion, sent you a PM.

miegiel
April 22nd, 2009, 03:40 PM
I could say a lot of things on these matter, but it's all to personal for a public forum.

However I'll say this on drugs: "Don't take drugs you're not comfortable with" It doesn't matter if they're the kind of drug you can buy legally at the supermarket, the ones you get from a dealer or those your shrink prescribes to you.

Reading the stuff you've been through I can only say "you're not alone", even though it might feel that way. If you want to chat, feel free to skype me.