PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Logitech® G5 Laser Mouse, ATI Radeon 3650 Video Issue

keithld
April 22nd, 2009, 12:20 AM
(Dual Boot Windows XP & Ubuntu 8.10) Worked fine with my ATI Radeon 800

Besides my sound problem which may now be fixed after the latest updates this morning, I noticed when I load SKYPE or a Movie in the Totem Movie Player the image will flicker quickly back and forth between the correct image and a white screen...

I use Compiz and have the Video Playback option unchecked tho from reading a few threads not having compiz load solves some of these issues and there was something on changing the gstreamer settings (Both could cause other issues)...

Well by accident I can stop it from happening but "Not Fix it"... This is where the Mouse comes in, as long as the pointer in anywhere on the monitor area the picture will flicker... It "Does Not Happen" when viewing YouTube vids or justin.tv or any thing like that...

If I put the Mouse pointer in the lower right hand corner as far as I can, all the flickering stops and will only happen once in a while I am assuming if the mouse is bumped or there is a bit of vibration that is registered by the mouse....

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo,

Any ideas guys???