View Full Version : [all variants] Buy static ip on WWW???

April 21st, 2009, 10:11 PM
I was wondering.. it is possible to get dynamic tools for domain name server which will change ip automatic. But because ip is dynamic if im correct mail services for example "hotmail" or "aol" will still block all incoming emails, because of static ip on server and their can be some downtimes because of change in nameservers?
So i was wandering where are i can buy on internet a static ip address of some sort which ill be able to use safely for nameservers (DNS) and other mail services will not block incoming emails from server.

April 21st, 2009, 11:38 PM
Some ISPs (Speakeasy for one) will give you a static IP and host DNS services for your domain so the mx record for YOURDOMAIN.com points to your static IP.

April 22nd, 2009, 12:49 AM
Your post doesn't make alot of sense. You do not need a static IP for accessing hotmail etc. YOU having a static ip does not affect uptime of other sites in anyway.

April 22nd, 2009, 02:58 PM
my ISP do not allows static ip.
If you send email from server with dynamic ip to hotmail or aol it will block it as a spam, you need to mail company and tell them thats it's all good..
If you have dynamic ip and you use it for nameservers, ip is changed, you need to change your name servers.. so you changed it. it can take 1 minute, or maybe 10hours or maybe a day until web site will be visible on the internet again..

Another question..
I was thinking is their any ISPs which give internet over internet?

at the moment im having difficult time with setting name servers on a .ru domain..
i have entered my nameservers and i did it for next 6 days.. and still they were not accepted, can it be because of dynamic ip? I think it can.