PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.04 nVidia separate X screens is WACKO

TheGolfball
April 21st, 2009, 07:32 PM
In version 9.04 with 2 nVidia graphics cards (GeForce 7600 GT) and one flatscreen monitor on each card the "Separate X Screens" configuration is WACKO. Most programs when initiated from Screen 1 open on Screen 0 instead of Screen 1. Some programs (such as Firefox) when initiated from Screen 1 open on Screen 1. However, then a new instance of Firefox cannot be initiated from Screen 0.

I understand that earlier versions of Ubuntu used to support nVidia's separate X screens correctly. I need to use separate X screens.

1. Can someone tell me which versions of Ubuntu support separate X screens correctly?

2. It looks like this bug is being tracked. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/339783 Can someone report if a fix is in the near future?

mindfury
April 25th, 2009, 03:25 PM
I've noticed the same thing also, and my configuration is the same as yours. Here's hoping they figure it out!

--
Philip L.

eviltang
April 25th, 2009, 04:21 PM
I am having the same issue.

if you launch the app on screen1 with alt+f2 it will open on screen1 (at least for me 64bit 9.04). thats my "work around" untill a fix is found.

just a bump!!

AdamGott
April 25th, 2009, 04:33 PM
My other problem with this release is that my keyboard keys bound to my application (in this case gmusicbrowser) do not work when the application is running on x-screen 1 but work fine when it is running on x-screen 0.