PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in jackalopes?

Marco A
April 21st, 2009, 06:53 PM

ninjapirate89
April 21st, 2009, 06:55 PM
A jackalope is one of the more believable mythical creatures (compared to big foot and the loch ness monster) but I don't believe it exists in real life. Also your pic is obviously photoshopped :)

RedSingularity
April 21st, 2009, 06:56 PM
Lol!!!!!

NightwishFan
April 21st, 2009, 06:57 PM
Why not? People did not believe in things such as bacteria once. I will believe in jackalopes, especially jaunty ones. They are welcome for coffee at my place anytime.

Yes it is photoshopped, or gimped, as photoshop is useless. Why is some guy in a suit in the wastelands and why did it run so close? :D

chucky chuckaluck
April 21st, 2009, 06:58 PM
i was gored by one a couple of years ago (i think i startled the poor thing).

will1911a1
April 21st, 2009, 07:00 PM
Yes it is photoshopped, or gimped, as photoshop is useless.

lolwut?

Anyway, no I don't believe in them.

ninjapirate89
April 21st, 2009, 07:00 PM
What that picture doesn't tell you is that neither the man in the suit nor the cameraman survived this encounter.

Dr Small
April 21st, 2009, 07:06 PM
Of course not...

FuturePilot
April 21st, 2009, 07:09 PM
There's apparently one in my computer so ;)

NightwishFan
April 21st, 2009, 07:09 PM
So they found their charred bodies in the wastelands and recovered this camera. They brave explorers tracked the creature to it's lair, only to have the wind change and reveal their presence. With a horrible yell, the creature charged. Two of the men on the right dropped their weapons and fled, despite my warnings. The jackalope rushed past them blocking the way. They were finished before I could run to their aid. We battled long in the dark cave, and right when I was about to impale the beast with one of it's own horns, it fled. I have been hunting it ever since, and on the dark nights I can still hear it's terrible call echoing down on the wind.

Lunx
April 21st, 2009, 07:14 PM
A jackalope is one of the more believable mythical creatures (compared to big foot and the loch ness monster) but I don't believe it exists in real life. Also your pic is obviously photoshopped :)

Good on ya, shatter my illusion why don't ya. Next you'll be tellin' me that Santa's just a fat bloke in a suit...

We had a similar animal living here in Australia 'til the Bunyips ate them all...

Jive Turkey
May 9th, 2009, 08:05 AM
In tourist shops around Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and even western Nebraska you can see some of the taxidermy projects called Jackalopes. Its just a jack-rabbit with deer antlers fixed to the head, but they look sort of cool. It might be interesting if Ubuntu went toward using only mythical animals. ie: chubby chupacabra, nefarious nessie, etc.

MikeTheC
May 9th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I remember one time, it was the summer of '83, and I was hiking through the dense tropical wilderness of Southwest Florida when I spotted one of these legendary creatures. It was amazing and thrilling to see them traveling along the western edge of the forest, which eventually terminates in a beach, and they would sprint in packs for miles and miles at a time. Oftentimes they would turn east and head for the more mountainous terrain, keeping their distance and ranging through their territory.

Majestic animals, all of them. You should see the markings on the females, especially about their fore-shoulders and flanks. They would make equines the world over weep with envy.